Re: pogo security

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

pogo security

★★ Novice

how is it possible to receive a gift from a total stranger for a prize that I claimed by not using my player name and never told anyone?  how did this player associate my first name with my pogo player account?  How is that even possible??? there is a breech in your security somewhere.  I am disappointed.

Message 1 of 14 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@lmadwo When you win a prize it is added to the Recent Winners list which can be found here: http://www.pogo.com/prize/prize.do?pageSection=header_prizes&tabSection=%27recentWinners%27

Obviously, someone saw your player name there and thought that it would be nice to send you one an extra gift to congratulate you. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (619 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@lmadwo Can you provide me a little more information in relation to the prize and the message you received?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

On 12/8 I won a daily 25 prize and claimed it by first name. On 1/17 I received a gift from another player congratulating me on the win. the prize was sent to my pogo name. the gift came from kaddycowboy. I don't know this person.  I never told anyone of this win. I do not chat in pogo.

Message 3 of 14 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

I mean the gift was sent to my pogo name, not the prize...sorry

Message 4 of 14 (607 Views)

★★ Novice

my question has never been answered.

Message 5 of 14 (545 Views)

Community Manager

@lmadwo I'm not quite clear on what the issue is? 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 14 (538 Views)

★★ Novice

the issue is I claimed a prize using my first name and then received a congratulatory gift from a pogo player at my game player name.  if I claimed the prize without using my pogo player name, how was this information found out?

Message 7 of 14 (515 Views)

Community Manager

@lmadwo When you win a prize it is added to the Recent Winners list which can be found here: http://www.pogo.com/prize/prize.do?pageSection=header_prizes&tabSection=%27recentWinners%27

Obviously, someone saw your player name there and thought that it would be nice to send you one an extra gift to congratulate you. 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 14 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know how more clearly I can say this, I claimed the prize with my first name and initial, not my pogo name.  no one should have been able to put those two together, no one. I told no one and I do not chat in pogo. 

Message 9 of 14 (482 Views)

Community Manager

@lmadwo The link I posted above lists all the winners of Pogo prizes,  I understand that you claimed the prize using your real name but your Pogo name will still show in that list as having been a prize winner. It appears that someone looking at that list of all Pogo prize winners saw your Pogo name and thought it would be nice to give you a congratulatory prize. 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 14 (470 Views)