cheating in pogo tournaments

by formerrabbitdad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cheating in pogo tournaments

★★★ Newbie

is there anything that can be done about all the people/teams that are obviously using cheater bots in the tournaments?   that is taking all the fun out of the games.

Message 1 of 38 (2,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cheating in pogo tournaments

EA Staff

@formerrabbitdad Could you please report the people you suspect of cheating? If player is in a game, you can click on their name and report abuse. Please chose the cheating/exploit category. If the player is not in a game room. Click the “Player is not in the list”, type in their name and report that way.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

View in thread

Message 2 of 38 (3,529 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@formerrabbitdad Could you please report the people you suspect of cheating? If player is in a game, you can click on their name and report abuse. Please chose the cheating/exploit category. If the player is not in a game room. Click the “Player is not in the list”, type in their name and report that way.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 38 (3,530 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm with you on this...we struggle to get to GOLD just to find out there are teams who are going to a web site where they get the answers....some put it on auto-play....Pogo has got to block this.....

Message 3 of 38 (2,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's the whole teams. Word has gotten out that they can go to a web site [removed] and get all the answers to Pogo. The top 10 teams in the tournament has GOLD..no SILVER & no BRONZE....don't you think that's kinda odd? Takes all the fun out for the rest of us who play fair.

Message 4 of 38 (2,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not see the "cheat/exploit category".

Message 5 of 38 (2,600 Views)

EA Staff

@butterfly051402 To report cheating on Help.EA.com please go to the following page: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=pogo&platform=pogo

Select 'report concerns and harassment' in the first drop down menu and then 'Report player'.  Fill in the reset of the details and hit 'Next'. Fill the email form presented on the next page and send it off.

Our teams will review the report and take necessary action. 

Message 6 of 38 (2,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is an ongoing problem with bots and EA sends the standard response out regarding it.  I've reported 5 on Poppitt today and hope to see them removed but the reality is that it's never ending.  I won't renew my subscription.  

Message 7 of 38 (2,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are so right and it's gotten old with the cheating on Pogo in the tournaments.  

Message 8 of 38 (2,537 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @NorSwede,

Please do continue to report players or teams you suspect are cheating.

All reports are reviewed and if violation is found action is taken.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
- Kristi

Message 9 of 38 (2,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Kristi,

I have been an international member of Pogo for some years. Totally understood that even though I have a membership I would not be able to claim daily prizes etc which is understandable. Having said that i did purchase a subscription anyway as i decided to join the tournaments that Pogo run. So correct me if I am wrong as being new I am reading a lot and getting feedback from other players. From what i can see the top players/teams in the ladder ranking use bots to play. If for whatever reason they feel the need to cheat like that and they are proud of not actually reaching the level through honest game playing that is their problem. What I don't like is and again advise me if I am wrong,  these players/teams also determine whether my honest hard playing team actually get to the gold or not? So if the levels to get to gold, silver and bronze are determined by game play? These teams are using bots to play for them 24/7, then they are raising the level for my team to reach...is this correct?

Thankyou, Kim

Message 10 of 38 (2,430 Views)