can play poppit bingo but balloon doesn't work

by indianacorvette

Original Post

can play poppit bingo but balloon doesn't work

★★ Novice

Poppit bingo. I can play the game but the balloon on the side doesn't work. I went on chat and the guy told me to refresh fire fox I did and lost the chat. It doesn't work on Internet explorer either

Message 1 of 9 (546 Views)

Re: can play poppit bingo but balloon doesn't work

★★★ Pro
@indianacorvette
since Poppit! Bingo is a part of html5 format...
chrome browsers are compatible on this...
as long as they are updated...
however if you don't have chrome installed...
you can get them free by visiting their OFFICIAL sites...
Google chrome is an example...

browsers that affect the game are:
Internet Explorer 11 and other older version / incompatible
Microsoft Edge has known issues...
Firefox has a bit issues...
(related to windows 7 and higher OS (operating system)

Safari from Mac / Apple OS - has known issues...
Message 2 of 9 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@indianacorvette ,  I have added a screen shot that shows the power up balloon on the right side of the screen.  I think this is what is not working for you.  You are not able to use the power ups from the balloons, correct? 

pogo poppit bingo.png

Poppit Bingo is a game that uses HTML5 code.  There have been some issues with HTML5 games, so Pogo provided a troubleshooting guide, which can be read by clicking on the link below.   The problem you are having with the power up balloon not giving power ups might be related to the fact that that game is HMTL5. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108#M158506

A summary of the main aspects of the troubleshooting guide is included below.

The biggest part of the HTML5 troubleshooting is to try toggling your browser's hardware acceleration. It has instructions on how to check it depending on which browser you're using. Hardware acceleration helps speed up the processing of images and information but it can sometimes cause graphic errors.  If it is turned off in the browser you use, this might help. If you turn if off and there is no change, then go and turn it back on because it is good for faster processing of information.  

It also goes over HTML5 browser compatibility. If you're using Chrome or Firefox, then it should behave, whereas Internet Explorer 11 does not do well with HTML5 technology.

Another thing to look for is whether your computer meets the minimum system requirements for HTML5 games. This means that you're on Windows 10 (not Windows 7 or 8/8.1) or macOS Sierra (10.12.6) or higher, and that you have at least 8 GB of RAM so that the games have enough space for processing.

Internet Explorer is not the best choice to use for Poppit Bingo.   If you have not tried Google Chrome browser with this game or other HTML5 games, I recommend that to see if there is any improvement.  It is a good alternative browser that generally works well at the Pogo website.  It can be downloaded for free from the official Google website.

Message 3 of 9 (531 Views)

Poppit Bingo . The game will work but the balloons will not work.

★★ Novice

Could play Poppit Bingo but the balloon would not work. Check out forums, chat etc no help. EA. called me  and we set it up on Google Chrome. Still did not work. Tech tried it himself  and found there to be a bug in the system. He placed a report on it. If anyone else is having the same problem please be advised EA is working on it.

Message 4 of 9 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

EA called me and the tech had me go to chrome and we changed a few things. Still didn't work. The tech tried the game on his end and the balloon didn't work for him. He put in a bug report on the game too

Message 5 of 9 (517 Views)

★ Expert
@indianacorvette Oh that is strange that the balloon didn't work for the EA tech also. After I read your post, I tried the game before responding to see if I could receive power ups from the balloon, and I could.
Message 6 of 9 (508 Views)

Re: Poppit Bingo . The game will work but the balloons will not work.

★★★ Pro

I don't see any reason why the power-ups is not working...

First I have tested the game and captured golden balloons

showing up on the card and the meter of

power-ups is glowing, means working fine...

Screenshot.png

you need to charge power-ups meter in order to use them

and trash the rest you don't want...

Message 7 of 9 (484 Views)

★★ Novice

I am on windows 10. I have a 2.73 terabyte computer.  I have refreshed Firefox, tried Chrome and everything else I could do and the game doesn't work. Tech still says it has a bug and did report the bug

Message 8 of 9 (484 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @indianacorvette.

If EA Help already submitted a bug report, then that will now be in the hands of our Pogo team. Just in case, however, I would like to run some additional troubleshooting with you.

If you've completed the HTML5 troubleshooting linked above, please let me know a little more about your computer. Could you please cut / paste (or screenshot) your full results from the Pogo Compatibility Tool? As well, could you let me know how much system RAM you have on your PC/Mac? I'll be happy to take a look.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 9 of 9 (450 Views)