Re: Quinn's Aquarium

by cafedelon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Quinn's Aquarium

★★★ Newbie

Why when playing Quinns Aquarium must you have to use gems to shuffle EVERY hand? It is frustrating and you should have to spend money to play these "free" games. This weeks challenge is to get 70 shells but with only 3 per game you need to shuffle 24 times. Totally a rip off. I despise this game 

Message 1 of 5 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @honeyb3247.

I apologize for any confusion. The number of shells varies depending on how many total tiles are on the game board, as well as how often you can match the shells.

When you match a pair of shells, it takes 10 more matches before the next pair of shells appear on the board. If they're easy to match, then you can get a lot of shells. However, sometimes one or both shells of the pair are buried behind other ones, which can require several more matches before you can get those shells and start the 10 in-between matches. On regular boards, it is possible to get all of the shells if they're positioned well.

Another tip is that any time you do an undo, the shells can disappear. Frown

It is possible to do the shells without shuffling at all. I would recommend against it, as it can cause some delay in finding the path to un-bury some of the buried shells. When you keep the same board, it lets you plan ahead with your matches using board familiarity.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @honeyb3247.

I apologize for any confusion. The number of shells varies depending on how many total tiles are on the game board, as well as how often you can match the shells.

When you match a pair of shells, it takes 10 more matches before the next pair of shells appear on the board. If they're easy to match, then you can get a lot of shells. However, sometimes one or both shells of the pair are buried behind other ones, which can require several more matches before you can get those shells and start the 10 in-between matches. On regular boards, it is possible to get all of the shells if they're positioned well.

Another tip is that any time you do an undo, the shells can disappear. Frown

It is possible to do the shells without shuffling at all. I would recommend against it, as it can cause some delay in finding the path to un-bury some of the buried shells. When you keep the same board, it lets you plan ahead with your matches using board familiarity.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 5 (393 Views)

★ Novice
when is the next level after touch pool going to start
Message 3 of 5 (384 Views)

★ Expert

Honeyb3247, look at my post called "Quinn's Aquarium ways to win using fewer power ups.   This is one game that seems to require power ups to complete the game, more than most games.  But there are ways to reduce the number of power ups you use and these can also help win without using power ups sometimes.

Message 4 of 5 (378 Views)

★ Expert

JPatty2Joe, Pogo sometimes gives a week's notice on the Pogo main page before the next phase of Quinn's Aquarium is released.  They sometimes introduce it with a badge challenge.  Or you can keep checking back at the game from time to time  I try to pace myself so I don't advance too fast, so that there are tasks waiting to be completed when I return each time to play. This helps make the wait for the next phase shorter. 

Message 5 of 5 (374 Views)