Quinn's Aquarium -- screen goes to black with loading

by tuliptyme4212

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Quinn's Aquarium -- screen goes to black with loading

★★★★ Novice

RE:  Quinn's Aquarium

The game will start to load and then goes to black screen.  This is the only H5 game that I've not been able to easily play.  Is Pogo still trying to work the bugs out of this new game?

I've tried it on several browsers and the same thing happens.  I'm playing on a computer with plenty of resources to play H5 games with no problems (I have no problems with any of the other H5 games).

Thoughts????

Message 1 of 130 (5,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Quinn's Aquarium -- screen goes to black with loading

Community Manager

@tuliptyme4212 That it works fine on your older device points to this 100% is a device issue. Can you disable any unusual browser add-ons that you may have?

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 130 (6,999 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

what do i do

Message 2 of 130 (4,938 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, can you try the HTML5 troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108#M158506

Darko.png
Message 3 of 130 (4,931 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the info, but I already tried the turning off hardware acceleration.

The game played on one of my computers (older laptop Win 7, Firefox ESR), but does not play on my other one (newer desktop, Win 10, Firefox ESR or Pale Moon).  The Win 10 computer has better GPU and other computer resources than the Win 7 laptop, but for some reason, this H5 game says "game loading" for about 5 seconds, then goes to black screen on Win 10 computer.  Does not happen with any other H5 game.  I guess this is one H5 game that I won't be playing that often then (if at all).

Message 4 of 130 (4,923 Views)

Community Manager

@tuliptyme4212 That it works fine on your older device points to this 100% is a device issue. Can you disable any unusual browser add-ons that you may have?

Darko.png
Message 5 of 130 (7,000 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just deactivated all add-ons in Firefox.  Still got black screen. 

However, I did just try the game in chrome, and it loaded (I never use Chrome, so didn't think to try it there.  I tried in my usual browsers of Firefox ESR and/or Pale Moon.

So on the Win10 computer I can play if I use Chrome.....first time that's happened with any of the game..... but good to know.

Message 6 of 130 (4,911 Views)

Community Manager

@tuliptyme4212 Glad to hear that you got it working in Chrome, I know it is not ideal but at times you can run into issues like the one you faced. 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 130 (4,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. It worked once and has never worked again. I am using Safari on a Macbook Pro but am now getting a black screen.  Everything is up to date such as Flash and Java.  Jumped through several hoops so to speak with no luck. It is simply not working, only a black screen although I can hear the music,  so I'm thinking it is Pogo's problem.

Message 8 of 130 (4,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please let me know  how to play this game  i can play all the others games but this one  i cant  ?? 

Message 9 of 130 (4,796 Views)

Community Manager

@TravelingFoolJ @sassyjuneangel1 Have you tried using Chrome or another browser to try the game? 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 130 (4,785 Views)