PoppitParty

by piccolopower113

Original Post

PoppitParty

★★★ Novice

Is anyone else having trouble with the chests not opening for the badge this week?  I've played on two different computers in two different places & the chests would not open no matter how long I waited.  I'm having trouble with my home internet being extremely slow, but playing on a different computer at a totally different place didn't help.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

Re: PoppitParty

★★★ Pro
@piccolopower113
Hello, everything seems to be normal there is no issue in it...
try chrome browser and make sure your browser is up to date...
Google Chrome
Latest update
Version 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Adobe Flash Player - FP 32 for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI

Finish 25 games each with 6 balloons or less left this week!
Earn Robo Relic Badge, plus 3000 tokens.

however,
Poppit! Party is base on HTML5 game...
Message 2 of 5 (276 Views)

★ Expert

Piccolopower113,  Just wanted to reply as another player to let you know that the chests won at Poppit Party are opening for me also.  Since you are having the same problem on 2 different computers, that makes me wonder if its an issue affecting HTML5 (HD) games.  However, if this game has worked just find for you and is now having a problem with the chests opening it might be due to another cause.  

If this problem is a new issue for you, one possible cause might be a result of the cache of your browser needing to be cleared.   The cache of a browser stores information of images and files from websites where we visit so they can be loaded faster on return visits.  But a browser's cache has limited storage.  I think there is a way to increase it, but I'm not sure how to do that.  However, you can clear the cache of your browser to make more room which help some problems like slow loading, failure to load, white and black screens and game freezes.   Below is a link to a previous post of mine which discusses the importance of clearing one's browser cache and gives steps on how to clear the cache for major browsers used.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416/highl...

As also suggested by another person, you might wish to try another browser. Google Chrome which is an excellent alternative browser and it can be downloaded free from the Google website.  And as stated by this person having an old browser version may cause problems, so downloading the latest version might help. 

Finally both of the computers you used probably have the "hardware acceleration" turned on, as that is the default mode to speed up image processing.  Sometimes hardware acceleration can cause graphic glitches, and possibly the chests not opening is being caused by that.  The steps to turn the hardware acceleration off is different for different browsers. If you write back, I can find instructions for how to turn off the hardware acceleration for your primary computer if you would like to try that.  One word of caution that might make you not want to try this option.  Without the hardware acceleration turned on, your games may run slower, and you already mentioned that your home internet is slow. 

Message 3 of 5 (269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you to you two who responded.  I don't know what the problem was, but after changing the battery on my laptop, everything is now working fine.  Even though it was plugged in to electric, that may have had something to do with it.  I don't know about the other computer, which is the desktop I use at the school where I teach,  but my home laptop is fine now.  Standard smile  THANKS again!  Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (261 Views)

★ Expert

I don't know if changing the battery actually helped eliminate the problem, especially since you experienced the same problem on another computer outside your home.  It might have been a case of the game glitching and now the glitch is gone.  I hope the problem doesn't return, but if it does, there are people here who will try to help. 

Message 5 of 5 (255 Views)