Re: Pogo Makeover Madness freezes

by meri058

Original Post

Pogo Makeover Madness freezes

★ Novice

I have a problem with Makeover Madness freezing when you click new game, when the game goes from one day to the next and when you finish the game and want to play again.  I wonder if this has something to do with the Java Runtime Enviroment Settings?  I looked and I have nothing in the Runtime Parameters.  I had the same problem with a different game years ago, and you told me to put something in the Runtime Parameters, unfortunately I don't remember what it is.  I run Windows 8.1, 64 bit.  I clean my cache regularly.  I also use Mozilla Firefox as a browser.  Please help.....thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@meri058 

Double check just below your task bar and make sure you do not have a Java popup appearing there. Sometimes it doesn't actually pop over the web browser. 

If you see something that looks like this: 

Then you will have to address it to get your game to continue. Click the Allow button and you will be able to continue onto the next day and you won't see this popup appear again for your entire duration of playing the game in that browser window. If you close the window or refresh the window, you may have to allow Java again to get to day 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have a Java popup appearing.  I have popups blocked in my web browser but I allow www.pogo.com and www.game3.popo.com.  Any other suggestions?  I am trying to get the Makeover Madness Two Grand Badge and even though I am playing on the Holy Cow level, the freezing makes me crazy.  Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)

★ Novice

I am still having this problem.  I don't have a Java popup appearing.  I have popups blocked but I allow www.pogo.com and www.game3pogo.com.  I have Firefox and Java caches cleared.  I have Norton 360 and all Java items are allowed.  Java is updated.  I ran the compatibility scan and no problems there.  I am running Windows 8.1, 64 bit.  I had this problem on my old computer that had Windows 7, 64 bit.  I have also tried playing on IE, but have the same issues.  Makeover Madness is the only game I have a problem with.  Please help.  It's extremely frustrating trying to get this Two Grand badge.

Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)