POGO STORE

by Cruiselady7

Original Post

POGO STORE

★★★ Newbie

What has happened to the STORE?   I miss going there for new items. Why does it still say Summer Releases 2018?  - I hope it will be back real soon.  This may have been discussed on other forums before,  but I missed seeing them.  Thank you

Message 1 of 2 (306 Views)

Re: POGO STORE

★ Expert

You may have been away from the Pogo site for a while or may not have visited the mini mall recently.   Several months ago EA announced they were discontinuing new items at the mini mall of the Pogo website. This caused an outrage among many players who really enjoyed buying new items for their minis. March 2019 was the last month Pogo did offer new items for the St Patrick's day time frame. EA has also made many items free in the mini mall, except for some animated items where they still charge gems to buy. When going to the mini mall, we see the old notice from last summer, and when clicking on "new releases" there are none. The mini mall is still there but has no new items.

The explanation given was that EA wanted to focus on other aspects of the game site. They are in the process of converting many old Flash and Java games to HD games before the end of 2020 when Flash and Java programming code will no longer be supported by the companies that developed it (Adobe and Oracle). They are also working on providing new HD games.

Most of the players here are hoping that some time in the future EA will supply the mini mall with new items again. I have suggested that they recycle old items on an ongoing basis that are not in the mini mall now, because there are many older items that some players have never had the chance to buy. But EA has not acted on that suggestion. Like they said, they wish to focus on other aspects of the game site.

Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)