My Java is up to date?

by strindeer

Original Post

My Java is up to date?

★ Novice

I have double and triple checked ... my Java is u to date ... still cannot load Monopoly (my mot favourite game).

Message 1 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: My Java is up to date?

★ Expert

I'm not an expert in answering why games won't load. I know there are several possible reasons and each require a different action to take. I will list some reasons I am aware of and some recommendations for each. You can try the suggestions and see if they help.

1. Pogo has a way to quick way for reloading a game that might work using the Shift and F5 keys. When at the game and it doesn't load, press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, then while holding it down also press the F5 key. This is a way to reload the game, if it works for you.

2. A second way that might help that is fairly quick is to exit the pogo website and return using a different browser. The main browsers include Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari. If you have used only one browser before, you will need to go to another browser's web page and download the browser for use. When you've done this, open it and return to Pogo and try loading the game again. I recommend Google Chrome. It seems to work well with games here usually.

3. Another option that is a little more complicated and time consuming is to clear your browser's cache to make more memory available. If you've never cleared your browser's cache or haven't done so in a long time, this could slow loading and game operation, failure to load or screen freeze.

To clear your browser, start by opening it and looking in the upper right corner. For Edge and Chrome, there are 3 dots. For Internet Explorer there is a gear symbol. For Firefox, there are vertical lines (not the horizontal lines). Click there, and a drop down menu will appear. Look around for the words History or Cache or similar phrases. For IE11, look first for the phrase Internet Options, and it will take you to a menu with browsing history. Chose the option to clear the cache. If you want to free more memory, you can clear the browsing history but I would not recommend clearing your internet cookies because your saved login info and passwords at websites will be deleted.

4. If the game that won't load is a Flash or Java type game, the failure to load my be a result of using an old version of this software. You can go online at the Adobe and Oracle websites to download the latest version of Flash and Java. If you are not sure if the game that is not loading is a Flash or Java game or the newer HTML5 (HD) game, you can use this link below to find out. It was last updated in March 2017, so it may not be a full list of games at Pogo now. (Note to EA community managers. This should list should be updated.)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/List-of-Flash-amp-HTML5-amp-Java-Games-on-Pogo/m-p/5914564#M162927

5. If you have a really old computer you are using, you might have a limited amount of RAM (short term memory) on your computer. The newer HD games can use more memory than older Flash and Java games, so a really old computer might not be compatible in this way with these games. Your computer will need 8GB of RAM. I believe that running the Compatibility Scan from the Pogo Help page will detect if you have insufficient RAM.  Most often this is not the cause of loading problems. 

6. HTML5 (HD) games may not load when using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Apple Safari browsers or may not be compatible with your browser. To test your browser's compatibility with HTML5 games run the Compatiblity Scan from the Pogo Help page. If your browser's score is 450 or higher, it should be ok for HTML5 games.

7. When all else fails, exit the Pogo website, restart your computer and return to the Pogo website and try again to load the game. Occasionally this will help.

Message 2 of 3 (221 Views)

Re: My Java is up to date?

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @strindeer.

For issues such as this, the best thing that I can recommend is that you take a look at Flash troubleshooting steps in this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Pogo-List-of-Solutions-amp-Workarounds/m-p/4456589#M128620

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)