Java & loading issues

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Java & loading issues

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing loading issues or Java issues while you are playing Pogo games, here is a topic where you can find the solutions we recommend in this situation. This will help you to identify the exact cause of the issue and to fix it.

We gathered here the most efficient solutions that can fix the majority of cases.

1. Java updates (New)

2. Java and AOL

3. Loading issue

4.  Checklist

Message 73 of 235 (4,889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Troubleshooting steps] - Java & loading issues

[ Edited ]

Java updates

27th of September

Some Pogo players have reported issues with Java security on their computer.Java Version 7 still has a vulnerability.

Java's Update 7 was supposed to address the reported vulnerability. However, it has been recently reported that Java 7u7 only partially blocked the exploit and a new workaround for that block was quickly discovered. 

Currently, Version 6 does not seem vulnerable to these recent reports. If you want to install this version please uninstall first the current version in your computer.

For more Java information, be sure to check out the following Help articles:

To view your current version of Java on any browser, please go here:

30th of August

A new version of Java with a security update has been released on the 30th of August.
We recommend that you uninstall all previous version of Java and install the latest version.  

Back to the list

View in thread

Message 74 of 235 (7,969 Views)

[ Edited ]

Java and AOL

User-added image

*This issue may arise from the browser you're using. Just in case, we recommend using Internet Explorer directly from your desktop or using one of the other supported browsers: Google Chrome or Firefox. Get the latest versions of these browsers in this article. This should resolve your issue.

Please make sure that you:

1. Used a supported browser
  2. Installed / updated Java
  3. Enabled Java

If you use the AOL browser, please check out this forum thread on the Pogo forums "AOL and Java".

AOL and Java information:
AOL 8 browser or earlier are present in the list of unsupported browsers for Pogo.
If you have AOL 9 or later and are encountering a problem, we will recommend you use another browser.
Also, if you use an AOL browser and want to renew your Pogo subscription, you will not be able to at this time as the browser is not supported by Pogo.

You can readily use any of the following browsers to enjoy Pogo.com:

More information available here:

If Java is installed on your machine but not enabled
If you're still having issues and you're certain that Java is installed on your machine, it may be disabled. All mainstream browsers have an option for enabling Java, which ensures any applets that use it will function properly. For a complete list of per-browser instructions for enabling Java, visit http://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml.

View in thread

Message 75 of 235 (7,954 Views)

[ Edited ]

Loading issue

1 - None of my games are loading

2 - Only some of my games are loading

If this is happening for some of the games you may need to update/reinstall Macromedia Flash on your computer.

The following games are in Flash on Pogo:

• Amazing Adventures
  • BATTLESHIP: Naval Combat
  • Beaker Creatures
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Cirque du Flea
  • Claire Hart: Soul Searcher
  • Clue: Secret and Spies
  • CONNECT 4
  • Poppit
  • First Class Solitaire
  • Mahjong Safari
  • MONOPOLY
  • Payday Freecell Solitaire
  • Phlinx
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Poppit Sprint
  • Puck's Peak
  • Rainy Day Spider Solitaire
  • SCRABBLE Sprint
  • Stack'em
  • Sudoku Classic
  • Sweet Tooth 2
  • Word Whomp
  • Who Has the Biggest Brain
  • YAHTZEE
  • Zuma's Revenge

3 - Clearing Your Browser's Cache

Clearing your browser cache can fix many common issues with web-based games when they won't load.
To proceed, please read this article: Clearing Your Browser's Cache 

4 - Test Java and pop-up blockers

In addition, to make sure that Java is correctly installed on your computer and your pop-up blockers do not interfere with the game, Pogo.com provides two tests so you can check if the issue is due to one of  these factors or not.
Use the “Test now “buttons located in the following pages:

View in thread

Message 76 of 235 (7,944 Views)

[ Edited ]

Checklist

If your issue is not resolved or if you cannot identify the causes , please go through this following list to make sure that you have tried all the solutions.

1. New version of Java released (new)

Please note that a new version of Java version with a security update has been released on the 30th of August.
    We recommend that you uninstall all previous version of Java and install the latest version.

2. I used to play with AOL browser

3. Anti-virus/anti-spyware

4. Macromedia Flash

5. Browser's Cache

6. Java cache

7. Pop-up blockers

8. Tests available

Java and pop-up blockers to make sure that Java is correctly installed on your computer and your pop-up blockers do not interfere with the game, Pogo.com provides two tests so you can check if the issue is due to one of  these factors or not.
    Use the “Test now “buttons located in the following pages:

9. Recommended and supported browsers according to your operating systems

For Windows XP

Back to the list

View in thread

Message 77 of 235 (7,857 Views)

All Replies

Scrabble

★★★ Newbie

I have new computer HP and can't get scrabble to play it is all gray. All the other games in club pogo are working please help getting from upset

Message 1 of 235 (3,688 Views)

BROWSER PROBLEMS

★ Newbie

HOW DO I ENABLE MY BROWSER'S JAVA PLUGIN SO THAT I CAN PLAY THE GAMES ON POGO AGAIN PLEASE.

Message 2 of 235 (2,791 Views)

Re: BROWSER PROBLEMS

★★★ Newbie

how do i fix this.

Message 3 of 235 (2,780 Views)

Re: BROWSER PROBLEMS

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Please refrain from typing in BLOCK CAPITALS, It is the equivalent of shouting and is considered rude,

What browser are you using Slocum41242 and robertrfwjr?

Message 4 of 235 (2,777 Views)

pogo games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i am  paying for pogo and cant play your suggestions  to use internet explorer do not help inernet explorer was working wed but no longer and firefox  and chrome require u to set up new account and not  the one i use at pogo that is useless  i will file a complaint with the atty general and sue u people unless u fix this problem. was fine till wed.. u are stealing my money

Message 5 of 235 (2,803 Views)

Re: pogo games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have used AOL to access games on Pogo for YEARS...and now all I get is a "notice" that I do not have the JAVA plug in and when you click on the box it says it can't download because MY browser is blocking it ...and you want me to use IE to get to the games....WHY? AS I have said I have used AOL for years...I have a paid membership of 1 year +...seems kind of funny that on August 15th, 2012 I had no problem accessing or playing but on the August 16th I get this stupid message...and I notice to that only 100,000 people plus  are playing the games...isn't that a hint to all of you at POGO that something is WRONG...either get this FIXED to the way it was, or GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK...I would CALL your offices but the numbers go to somewhere in INDIA and all they want me to do is have me pay for a service charge to get inside my computer .

Message 6 of 235 (2,793 Views)

Re: pogo games

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here. Are you saying that Pogo is rejecting your web browser?

Message 7 of 235 (2,788 Views)

when will the java popup be resolved

★★ Novice

Message 8 of 235 (3,561 Views)

Re: when will the java popup be resolved

★★★★★ Newbie

It wouldn't surpise me if they never fix it. The problem is your browser. An explanation and list of supported browsers here: https://help.ea.com/ca/article/why-am-i-prompted-to-install-the-latest-java-when-trying-to-play-pogo...

Message 9 of 235 (3,561 Views)