Iwant to pay for the year but you won'ttake it why?

by wilddue

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Iwant to pay for the year but you won'ttake it why?

★ Newbie

I TRIED MANY TIMES TO PAY FOR MY GAME BUT YOU WON'TTAKE IT WHY?

Message 1 of 14 (594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Iwant to pay for the year but you won'ttake it why?

Champion (Retired)
From the Pogo FAQs (self-help archives):

Credit card

We accept all major forms of credit cards. We also accept debit cards that have a Visa or MasterCard logo. Please note, you will be bound by your chosen card provider’s terms and conditions which may include the application of currency conversion rates to the quoted price on Pogo, and/or additional processing fees, which are available from your card provider.

ATTENTION: In some cases we may not be able to process your pre-paid debit card as the transaction may be rejected by your card issuer. Certain pre-paid card types restrict digital or online transactions. Please check with the card issuer or try another payment method.

Payment issues and errors
How to manage payment issues and errors in Pogo
Use this information if there is an error or issue while making a purchase in Pogo.

We may not be able to process a pre-paid debit card because the card provider is declining the transaction. Some pre-paid card types block digital or online transactions. Please check with the card provider or try another payment option.

You can also try using a different browser:

• Firefox
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Google Chrome

If that doesn’t work, try clearing your cache.

Errors when you try to renew your subscription or purchase Gems

Make sure the name, address, and other information you enter matches what your bank or credit card company has on file.

For example:

• If the name on your card is Janine J. Smith, use that rather than Jan Smith.
  • If your address is 123 Magnolia Drive on your bank statement, use that rather than 123 Magnolia Dr.

If you have correctly filled in your information and there is still an error, there may be a server issue.

We suggest waiting 10-15 minutes and trying again. Don't worry about being billed twice. You will not be charged unless your payment is accepted. When payment is accepted you will see a confirmation page instead of an error message. After payment is complete you will receive a confirmation email to your registered email address.

You can also use an alternative payment method like PayPal.

If you follow the above directions & still can’t make a payment or purchase, contact us.

PAYMENT ISSUES & ERRORS IN POGO

Club Pogo Payment Options

CONTACT US

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (507 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@wilddue What is the error message you see when you try to update your subscription?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (562 Views)

★★★ Newbie
why can I not get in to pay
Message 3 of 14 (512 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same here 3 days now of trying
Message 4 of 14 (511 Views)

Community Manager

@summer2018aie What is the issue you are having? Are you seeing an error message when you try to log in? 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 14 (497 Views)

★★★ Newbie
yes says not working check back later
Message 6 of 14 (488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is what it says  [

Explanation:
The server required to perform your transaction is not working at the present time.

How to Fix the Problem:
Unfortunately, since you have reached this error because of some server error on our end, there's really nothing you can do at this time to correct the problem. Your best bet is to wait and try again later. If you reach this page again, please let us know by going to:

Message 7 of 14 (481 Views)

Champion (Retired)
From the Pogo FAQs (self-help archives):

Credit card

We accept all major forms of credit cards. We also accept debit cards that have a Visa or MasterCard logo. Please note, you will be bound by your chosen card provider’s terms and conditions which may include the application of currency conversion rates to the quoted price on Pogo, and/or additional processing fees, which are available from your card provider.

ATTENTION: In some cases we may not be able to process your pre-paid debit card as the transaction may be rejected by your card issuer. Certain pre-paid card types restrict digital or online transactions. Please check with the card issuer or try another payment method.

Payment issues and errors
How to manage payment issues and errors in Pogo
Use this information if there is an error or issue while making a purchase in Pogo.

We may not be able to process a pre-paid debit card because the card provider is declining the transaction. Some pre-paid card types block digital or online transactions. Please check with the card provider or try another payment option.

You can also try using a different browser:

• Firefox
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Google Chrome

If that doesn’t work, try clearing your cache.

Errors when you try to renew your subscription or purchase Gems

Make sure the name, address, and other information you enter matches what your bank or credit card company has on file.

For example:

• If the name on your card is Janine J. Smith, use that rather than Jan Smith.
  • If your address is 123 Magnolia Drive on your bank statement, use that rather than 123 Magnolia Dr.

If you have correctly filled in your information and there is still an error, there may be a server issue.

We suggest waiting 10-15 minutes and trying again. Don't worry about being billed twice. You will not be charged unless your payment is accepted. When payment is accepted you will see a confirmation page instead of an error message. After payment is complete you will receive a confirmation email to your registered email address.

You can also use an alternative payment method like PayPal.

If you follow the above directions & still can’t make a payment or purchase, contact us.

PAYMENT ISSUES & ERRORS IN POGO

Club Pogo Payment Options

CONTACT US

Message 8 of 14 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm having problems paying for my Club Pogo renewal too. Yesterday (2/28/2019), I both spoke to a Pogo / EA support rep (who I could barely understand) and also did a live chat with a different support rep who was more concerned with putting !!!!'s after everything he wrote rather than helping with my issue. In the end, he told me to "wait till tomorrow and it will work." Well, it didn't. I just received a 2nd email informing me that my card isn't working. The card is GOOD; it draws from my PayPal balance and there's enough money there to pay for the yearly renewal. I haven't yet found where to submit a NEW question in this forum, so that's why I'm posting here. I'll keep looking for a place to start a new topic, at least for a few minutes.
Message 9 of 14 (388 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @BayGrrl.

I'm sorry you had difficulty creating a new topic. There should be a New Topic button to the right of the list of threads on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo-Game-Questions-Technical/bd-p/Pogo.

As for the issue itself, unfortunately we're not able to handle account or financial issues on the forums as these are public forums and publicly searchable on search engines. We want to protect your account and personal information. We request all account and financial support be handled via EA Help.

In general terms, however, if you are having some difficulty with your payment method, check out these tips and tricks to ensure that things are alright with your purchase. You can also check with your card provider to see if they have any background as to why it's not going through as they should be able to see any messaging behind that. Sometimes it's a small typo in the billing information. Sometimes if you've never purchased a subscription with the card before, the bank system might automatically block it because it may be considered an unusual charge in which you'd only need to say it was authorized and future ones will go through.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 10 of 14 (358 Views)