Internet explorer

by Kan1846

Original Post

Internet explorer

★★★ Newbie

When I sign on to Pogo I get a message telling m e my internet explorer is out of date and I need to upgrade.  I have a new computer purchased in July with Internet explorer 8.  Why am I getting this message?  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Message 1 of 4 (158 Views)

Re: Internet explorer

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Kan1846,

Here is some information regarding this message which you can also find on Pogo forums

Here are steps make sure browser is recognizing the newer version of Internet Explorer - in your case I think this is all you need to do to stop this message displaying:

http://medianews.pogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Update-Browser.png

First get IE's menu bar to show if it is not currently showing, to do this click "Alt." To get it to permantely stay there, right click and check the "Menu Bar" option.

Once your menu bar is showing, click "Tools."

http://medianews.pogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/compatibility-view-1.jpg

Uncheck "Compatibility View."
http://medianews.pogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/compatibility-view-1.jpg

You should no longer be seeing that message across the top of your screen.

I'll leave in the information for updating the Internet Explorer version for anyone else who may be experiencing the same problem.

From time to time as technologies change, we have no choice but to move to the newer, updated versions. With this in mind, Pogo is phasing out support for the Internet Explorer 7.

While Pogo will likely still work for users with IE 7 or earlier, we will no longer be testing Pogo’s  functionality with IE7.

To be prepared of the change we highly recommend updating to the latest version of IE available for your operating system.

Note that IE8 and IE9 will still be fully supported to work on Pogo.

Alternatively you can use another supported browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.

We always recommend that our players get the latest released version of their browser.

To check which browser you are currently using, click here:

If it says you are running Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 then we would recommend that you upgrade to one of the following browsers.

If you want to continue to use Internet Explorer and would like to upgrade from Internet Explorer 7, here is what we recommend.

• Windows XP – IE8
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 – IE9

If you want to keep the version of IE you already have, you can try one of the other two supported browsers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 4 (155 Views)

Internet Explorer 7

★★★ Newbie

Every time I go into Pogo to  play, I get an announcement that soon it will no longer support IE7 and requests I load IE8. According to my computer, I am not using IE7, IE9 is loaded. What do I need to do?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (153 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer 7

Community Manager (retired)

Hello bearsfou,

I've merged your thread together with another recent one on the same topic.

Please see my post above which outlines a possible workaround to remove the message.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Stephen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 4 (149 Views)