Re: Club Pogo games won't load and play, WHY?

by hayleyu

Original Post

Club Pogo games won't load and play, WHY?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i'm getting so so tired of my club pogo games not loading and playing. I just renewed my club pogo subscription and i can't play.  my jave is at the newest version and they still wont play...please take these bugs out of the loading .. please call me like it says you will.  *edited to remove phone number my screen name is Rabit1951(  Vickie K. Gonyon...).

Message 1 of 18 (3,384 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Test your Java here to see if it's working: Test your Java

What does it display?

What AntiVirus program do you have installed?

It sounds like your plug-in isn't working or you could still have files from an older version of Java installed.

Could you also click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here?

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 18 (3,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled & reinstalled Java so many times I have lost count.  Now if we can play a game it is only one game, if we try to play another game it will not load & just keeping message that says to either return Pogo home page or see EA for solutions.  WHAT A JOKE.  I have sent emails to Pogo to get an answer but apparently NO ONE works there or wants to answer.  If POGO/EA doesn't fix the problems they having we are going to cancel our account of many years.

CAN ANYBODY HELP?????

Message 3 of 18 (3,352 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Please read my earlier post in this thread (directly above your post) and post the information asked for.

We're happy to help but need more detailed information from you to be able to pinpoint the exact issue.

Thanks. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 4 of 18 (3,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Browser = Firefox 24.0
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = unspecified
Resolution = 1366 x 768
OS = Windows 7
Flash version = 11.9.900
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_45    My Java is verified; games still won't load beyond the "frame" level - I get the "loading...." thing, and then the message about how maybe Pogo's server is down, or maybe it's me.  Well, I know it's me; but I don't know how to fix it.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 18 (3,327 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing the same problem.  The game starts to load but is cut off.  I can't seem to find any help and it is getting frustrating.  I have done what you what you stated above and I have the latest version of java.  My system info is: 

Browser = Google Chrome 31.0.1650.57
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1366 x 768
OS = WindowsUnknown Version
Flash version = 11.9.900
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_45

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Message 6 of 18 (3,320 Views)

★ Expert

@ haleyu:     Is it a Java or Flash game?  Which version of Windows do you have?

You said, "The game starts to load but is cut off.".   How is it cut off?

Do you get an error message? 

Message 7 of 18 (3,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply.

No error message.  It happened it sock hop slots as I was trying to do the badge, I also have the same problem in yahtzee.  It is the same problem on all browsers.  I am using windows 8.

Thanks

Message 8 of 18 (3,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

no error message screen is just cut and I can only see the top part , making the game unplayable.

Message 9 of 18 (3,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ hayleyu

Both of the games you mentioned are Java based, these tips from the Java support site might be helpful: Troubleshooting tips for using Java on Windows 8

If you have any problems with Flash based games see this help aid from the Adobe support site:  Flash Player Help

Hope this helps, Just

ETA:  I just had a thought, what is your anti-virus program? The reason I ask is because Windows 8 has Windows Defender built in, it's so much like Microsoft Security Essentials that no other AV should be necessary, in fact using more than one AV can cause conflicts (however, that is always a personal choice).

Message 10 of 18 (3,259 Views)