Re: Cancellation of Monopoly and Scrabble games

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cancellation of Monopoly and Scrabble games

★★ Apprentice

This comment is being left in response to the announcement that Electronic Arts will discontinue games like Monopoly and Scrabble on July 31.  I read the explanation provided by EA management stating that the rights for the game are being turned back over to Hasbro.  If I were to translate this explanation I would say it means EA management is too cheap to pay for the rights to use these games at the Pogo website.  I play Monopoly and Monopoly Slots regularly, and the rooms are often full of people at monopoly slots even in the middle of the night.  EA should consider taking a poll of paying customers who use their games before making decisions about discontinuing certain games. 

Last year EA cancelled the multiplayer version of Lottso Deluxe, which is the primary game I played at that time.  The regular multiplayer Lottso is a cheap version of the deluxe game, and the single-player version of Lottso Deluxe isn't worth the server space to support it. 

If EA management keeps making decisions like this, one day all that will be left are crappy games like Poppit and other basic mindless games, all because they cost less to provide. 

Message 1 of 4 (903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread. Licensing rights is not something that anyone on here would have any knowledge of so to stop idle speculation and rants in reaction to this announcement I'm stoping it here. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,056 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I WILL CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION IF SCRABBLE IS GONE. BEEN PLAYING FOR 7 YEARS, DAY AND NIGHT. I AM DEVASTED!!!!!

Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I don't know if EA will re-evaluate the decision to drop Monopoly and Scrabble games or not. I see comments from others in the Monopoly slots rooms, and there are a lot of unhappy players after hearing of the decision to cancel these popular games. Some have been talking about ending their membership too. I am not ready to do that yet, but I might later if this trend to eliminate popular games continues. EA is developing a public relations problem. They make decisions to close games without polling the players first.
Message 3 of 4 (871 Views)

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread. Licensing rights is not something that anyone on here would have any knowledge of so to stop idle speculation and rants in reaction to this announcement I'm stoping it here. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,057 Views)