Re: A problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

by MLadyD7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I honestly think it is sad that I have had this much trouble trying to play my favorite games and nothing has been done or the problem has not been address. I have been trying for the last 3-4 weeks to get an answer, everytime i try to play a game a message pops up saying"A problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen. No games will open. I would like to keep playing the games, but if the issue is not solve, i am going to cancel my popg club membership. There is no need for me to pay for something i can not play.     

Message 1 of 16 (31,781 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Games Pogo-Tri Peaks, Triva Prusit and Tumble Bees

Community Manager (retired)

Hello nitabug550,

Here is what Microsoft says about the error message "a problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab":

SYMPTOMS
Internet Explorer 9 may stop working when you visit a website that requires the Java Plug-in if you have Java Version 6 Update 22 or Java Version 6 Update 23 installed. When this problem occurs, you may receive an error message that resembles the following in the notification bar at the bottom of the Internet Explorer page:
"A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.

Additionally, you are not returned to the webpage, and Internet Explorer displays the following message on the page:
We were unable to return you to your webpage.
Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.

CAUSE
This problem occurs because of an issue with Java Version 6 Update 22 and Java Version 6 Update 23 that was exposed by recent changes in the Internet Explorer 9 rendering engine.

You will find the complete article as well as the complete troubleshooting steps here.

Best regards,

Eve

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (33,562 Views)

All Replies

Hello nitabug550,

Here is what Microsoft says about the error message "a problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab":

SYMPTOMS
Internet Explorer 9 may stop working when you visit a website that requires the Java Plug-in if you have Java Version 6 Update 22 or Java Version 6 Update 23 installed. When this problem occurs, you may receive an error message that resembles the following in the notification bar at the bottom of the Internet Explorer page:
"A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.

Additionally, you are not returned to the webpage, and Internet Explorer displays the following message on the page:
We were unable to return you to your webpage.
Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.

CAUSE
This problem occurs because of an issue with Java Version 6 Update 22 and Java Version 6 Update 23 that was exposed by recent changes in the Internet Explorer 9 rendering engine.

You will find the complete article as well as the complete troubleshooting steps here.

Best regards,

Eve

Message 2 of 16 (33,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank You! Thank You!. I added the Java update and it works fine. I am so glad i can finally play my favorite games. Thanks for everything keep up the great work. 

Message 3 of 16 (31,665 Views)

Re: A problem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

Thank you for your kind words nitabug550! I am happy to hear you are back in game :cathappy:

I am going to change the title of the thread to reflect the error message received. Hopefully this will help other players who might be experiencing the same issue to find the answer quickly.

Message 4 of 16 (31,657 Views)

Re: Games Pogo-Tri Peaks, Triva Prusit, Tumble Bees, Aces-Up, Euchre and Etc.

★★★ Newbie

I get no message the game just goes away and home page comes back I can play again but I have lost the score I had. I may get to play one game or I may get to play several games before it happens again. Some times I switch to Euchre or Aces Up and etc.and get one or two more games I had a problem with Java for a while but no longer. Bill A

Message 5 of 16 (29,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem. I downloaded Java but continue to get the error message. Now what?

Message 6 of 16 (29,736 Views)

Re: Games Pogo-Tri Peaks, Triva Prusit, Tumble Bees, Aces-Up, Euchre and Etc.

★ Expert

@wmeart11    Please place this in your browser bar :  http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

Then copy & paste the results back here please.

Message 7 of 16 (29,734 Views)

★ Expert

@marieba1111    Which error do you get?

Please place this in your browser bar :  http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/
  Then copy & paste the results back here please.

Message 8 of 16 (29,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes  same here closes just like that on me also

Message 9 of 16 (28,354 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PlyLibra27 wrote:

yes  same here closes just like that on me also

This is an old thread, even the cause is outdated, i.e. CAUSE This problem occurs because of an issue with Java Version 6 Update 22 and Java Version 6 Update 23 that was exposed by recent changes in the Internet Explorer 9 rendering engine.

If you're having a problem, you might want to start a new post and list your issues along with your system info, Thanks!

Message 10 of 16 (28,351 Views)