Re: stop people from taking high bids in spades on pogo and then they leave!

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

stop people from taking high bids in spades on pogo and then they leave!

★★ Novice

i must say that it is becoming more & more UNBEARABLE playing spades on club pogo EVERYDAY NOW!  everyday on pogo when i play spades either my partners or the opposing team's partners are starting to bid 12 books and blind 12's and then after taking this OUTRAGEOUS AS WELL AS OUTLANDISH BIDS they IMMEDIATELY DEPART FROM THE ROOM & the spade game is RUINED!  this is starting to occur EVERYDAY & ALMOST EVERY GAME.  this is really taking the FUN OUT OF THE GAME for a CONSUMER LIKE MYSELF and i don't appreciate ea not doing anything about it obviously because people are doing it MORE & MORE EVERYDAY because they are NOT being SUSPENDED/REPRIMANDED because if they were people would stop doing this.  their are ONLY 13 books between ALL 4 players and NO ONE PLAYER has ever got 12 books on their own on club pogo or in the real world.  i know that for a fact because i've been playing spades manually for decades way before computers were even thought about so i know one person can't get that many books by themselves!  that's why they leave their partners with a messed up game to contend with on their own.  this is REALLY TAKING THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME FOR ME and i only play pogobowl  for a while when i play and then i play spades for the duration of my gameplay.  but with these people messing up ALMOST EVERY SPADE game lately, looks like i won't feel like playing spades much longer and with that being said, I DEFINITELY WILL NOT RENEW MY PAID SUBSCRIPTION after all these years because i'm NOT INTERESTED in the games on pogo other than pogo bowl for a LITTLE WHILE and then spades.  but if i'm soon going to stop playing spades because of these people sabatoging the game then i will NOT RENEW MY PAID SUBSCRIPTION & JUST PLAY FOR FREE!  i wish EA would give club pogo spade players a 3rd option to play which would TOTALLY ALLEVIATE this problem. currently you can play with robots or play PARTNERS with real people but i think if you created a 3rd option that you could play with REAL PEOPLE but NOT PARTNERS which would alleviate the problem of people INTENTIONALLY BIDDING 12'S AND leaving because if we could play with 3 other people INDIVIDUALLY and NOT AS PARTNERS, these sick minded, mean spirited people who are sabatoging the game would get NO JOY out of doing this because their crazy high bids would NOT AFFECT OUR INDIVIDUAL GAMES.  however, it would be really nice if EA would reprimand/suspend these players who are doing this so others would think twice before messing up a game in progress INTENTIONALLY.  ea should really consider losing PAID SUBSCRIBERS like myself who are REALLY FED UP WITH THIS NONSENSE!  EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTEDLY YOURS, Koolsuave

Message 1 of 3 (909 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @koolsuave,

That sounds rough. While we can't force people to stay in the game, as sometimes people do have personal emergencies that require that they leave the table mid-game, we have a few recommendations on how to handle these issues.

If you know several players who are like-minded as yourself, you can create private tables to allow you all to play together. This heavily reduces the risk that someone would leave the game while you're playing. If you like to play random other players, however, locking the room won't be an option. In those cases, if you do run across a player that habitually leaves the room after a high bid, we recommend reporting those that abuse the game features by using the in-game reporting features.

To report a player in Pogo

In chat

1. Select the player in the Who's here tab or in chat.

2. Click the pull-down icon and select Report Abuse.

3. Select the type of abuse and enter a short description of the problem.

4. In some games you will need to manually add the player name. In the Report Abuse pop-up, click Add Players, select the player’s name and click Done.
    • If the player has left the room their name won’t appear in the Add Players list. In this case select Not a Player.
  5. Click Send Report.

Reporting a player automatically mutes them so that you do not see their comments in chat. However, you may still want to block them to prevent them from contacting you at all.

In your Guestbook

1. From the Pogo homepage, locate the Quick Links box and click Guestbook.

2. Go to the offensive post, click Options, and select Report Abuse.

4. Click Send Report.

Block a player

1. Click Friends on the Pogo menu.

2. Scroll down the page and click Blocked Player List.

3. Enter the player’s screen name and click Add to My Blocked List.

If you reported the abuse in your Guestbook, you can also block the player by clicking Options again and selecting Block.

Mute a player

If a player’s behavior does not qualify as abuse or harassment but you would rather not see their comments, you can mute them.

2. Click the pull-down icon and select Mute.

For more information, please see the EA Help article here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (883 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @koolsuave,

That sounds rough. While we can't force people to stay in the game, as sometimes people do have personal emergencies that require that they leave the table mid-game, we have a few recommendations on how to handle these issues.

If you know several players who are like-minded as yourself, you can create private tables to allow you all to play together. This heavily reduces the risk that someone would leave the game while you're playing. If you like to play random other players, however, locking the room won't be an option. In those cases, if you do run across a player that habitually leaves the room after a high bid, we recommend reporting those that abuse the game features by using the in-game reporting features.

To report a player in Pogo

In chat

2. Click the pull-down icon and select Report Abuse.

4. In some games you will need to manually add the player name. In the Report Abuse pop-up, click Add Players, select the player’s name and click Done.
    • If the player has left the room their name won’t appear in the Add Players list. In this case select Not a Player.
  5. Click Send Report.

Reporting a player automatically mutes them so that you do not see their comments in chat. However, you may still want to block them to prevent them from contacting you at all.

In your Guestbook

1. From the Pogo homepage, locate the Quick Links box and click Guestbook.

2. Go to the offensive post, click Options, and select Report Abuse.

4. Click Send Report.

Block a player

1. Click Friends on the Pogo menu.

2. Scroll down the page and click Blocked Player List.

3. Enter the player’s screen name and click Add to My Blocked List.

If you reported the abuse in your Guestbook, you can also block the player by clicking Options again and selecting Block.

Mute a player

If a player’s behavior does not qualify as abuse or harassment but you would rather not see their comments, you can mute them.

2. Click the pull-down icon and select Mute.

For more information, please see the EA Help article here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 3 (884 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Arrenai Why not just put a star next to the names of players who have been present for the full game for the past three games? That way, if anyone without a star is present at the table, the other players can choose to leave and not play someone who is going to bid high and then leave. It is 2022 and this is still an issue on POGO, it is not solved and should never have been marked solved. Such a simple solution should have been implemented a long time ago.
Message 3 of 3 (559 Views)