java issues

by spnjovigal

Original Post

java issues

★ Novice

i've been having problems with java games for weeks (possibly since the last update i think), they won't load at all. and i've done EVERYthing i've read to do about it. i've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but get the same issue. and yes, java IS enabled in the browser (IE 11).  seriously i've done everything i've read to do.  but i was finally able to get this error message though so at least i finally have something to go on, but have no idea what it means and how to fix it. it's a "nullpointerexception" error. and the java log about this error is as such;

Java Plug-in 11.191.2.12 x86
Using JRE version 1.8.0_191-b12 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Mel
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain$AppletFrameCreator.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

i even did a pogo help chat just now but all they did was sent me a link to read, which as it turns out is all stuff i've already read and done. i need someone who knows what this is to help me.

Message 1 of 6 (971 Views)

Re: java issues

★ Novice

bump

Message 2 of 6 (896 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@spnjovigal

IE11 does not support Java 11.  Source: Pogo Service Update - Java and Internet Explorer 11

You need to uninstall Java 11 then go to Oracle and install Java version 8.191 from there.
Here is the direct link:  Java 8.191

Download and save: Windows x86 Offline.
Close your browser and click on the folder in your task bar. Then click on Downloads on the left side. Find the Java download, double click and install (make sure to deselect any other offers such as tool bars or anti-virus programs that may be installed with the download) after the install has completed, restart your browser.
Next, click on your Control Panel, find Java and click the update tab. Uncheck the box to auto update.

Hope this helps Just

I am not an employee of either EA or Pogo. Any advice/instructions I provide regarding Pogo games is based on my own experience as a fellow player.

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 3 of 6 (887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i AM using 8.191. i think that's when the problem started, when i updated the stupid thing.

OR, i'm wondering if it might've been from a windows update, something to do with that. because there has been some updates in the past month. but i really don't know what it is.

Message 4 of 6 (845 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having issues for weeks unable to load any of the java games.  After trying many many different things in IE I went to compatibility view settings.  I removed any websites I had in the compatibility view box including pogo and unchecked any checked boxes.  For some odd reason this worked.  The java console pops up and then the games load.  I also have Windows 10 and from my start menu I went to configure Java, Security, and clicked on restore security prompts.  Hope this helps. 

Message 5 of 6 (800 Views)

★ Novice

@ccbeachwalker wrote:

I was having issues for weeks unable to load any of the java games.  After trying many many different things in IE I went to compatibility view settings.  I removed any websites I had in the compatibility view box including pogo and unchecked any checked boxes.  For some odd reason this worked.  The java console pops up and then the games load.  I also have Windows 10 and from my start menu I went to configure Java, Security, and clicked on restore security prompts.  Hope this helps. 

thanks for the suggestion. but, like everything else, no go. lol. i didn't have any sites listed in comp view. oh well. i'm giving up. i must be a completely unique problem! 

Message 6 of 6 (769 Views)