Re: Word Whomp game is black: unable to play

by abc2031660031

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Word Whomp game is black: unable to play

★★ Novice

I am a free Pogo user using Chrome.  After last update (past few weeks), Word Whomp game is still black.  Screen resolution & Java are shown as problems, however screen resolution is set at 1366 x 768 (highest it can go), and java is installed and enabled.  Just one game out of all the rest has a problem, and it just happens to be the one I play the most.  What's different about Word Whomp??  I really miss it.  Please advise.

Message 1 of 4 (280 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Okay,I finally experimented a bit & just turned off an adblocker, and voila, everything is fine.  System that indicates non-existing issues is not helpful.  I have played for 8 years, both as a nonclub mbr and club mbr and I really like Pogo. All this hassle seems a bit much just for HD Word Whomp.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Okay,I finally experimented a bit & just turned off an adblocker, and voila, everything is fine.  System that indicates non-existing issues is not helpful.  I have played for 8 years, both as a nonclub mbr and club mbr and I really like Pogo. All this hassle seems a bit much just for HD Word Whomp.

Message 2 of 4 (272 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@abc2031660031    This information is excerpted from the Pogo Help FAQs:

RESOLUTION ERROR

• Suboptimal screen resolution settings — the aspect-ratio of your computer screen, which controls how large or small items appear on your screen.

Screen resolution settings determine your monitor’s aspect ratio, and how small or large windows, text, and images appear on your screen.  Some resolution settings can cause visibility problems when playing Pogo games.

Update your screen resolution settings to see your entire Pogo game window.

The minimum supported resolution for Pogo games is 800 by 600, though Club Pogo members are suggested to set their resolution to 1024 by 768 or higher, while Free Pogo members should set theirs to 1152 by 864.

Find your screen resolution aspect ratio in the System Information section of the Compatibility Scan page.

Java error

The Java error is correct since Java is no longer supported by the Google Chrome browser.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY POGO GAMES:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/system-requirements-to-play-pogo-games

Message 3 of 4 (250 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@abc2031660031    Thank you for returning to let us know the solution you found to fixing your black screen issue.  Your ad blocker was blocking your game from loading fully & needed to be disabled.  Gratitude from the EA AHQ community.  :eahigh_file: 

Message 4 of 4 (249 Views)