Re: Pop Up Blocker

by HOCK9952

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Player_0obdha79 @Straatford87 @EA_Nils  @EA_Kristi   Hi there! It sounds as if a pop-up blocker inadvertently became enabled on your Google Chrome browser. Please run this test:          Test My Pop-up Blocker

Hold down the Control (CTRL), ALT, or SHIFT key when you click a link to temporarily disable the blocker.

For more information, please click here:    pogo_dot.pngPop-Up Blocker Help

Please post back here if you require further assistance.

Message 11 of 23 (899 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Player_0obdha79  

RECONFIGURE YOUR CHROME SETTINGS: Go to your Chrome menu & open the link for settings or else search for chrome://settings/content in your omnibox (navigation search bar). Please follow the directions below to turn your Google Chrome pop-up blocker off or on.  

Block or allow pop-ups in Chrome

Block or allow pop-ups in Chrome

By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked Pop-ups blocked chrome pop-up blocked. You can also decide to allow pop-ups.

If you still get pop-ups after disabling them, then you could have malware. Learn how to get rid of malware.

COMPUTER ANDROID IPHONE & IPAD

Turn pop-ups on or off
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the icon you see: Menu Menu or More More.
Click Settings.
At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
Under "Pop-ups," select an option:
Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)
Allow all sites to show pop-ups

For more information & to find out how to whitelist Pogo by adding the URLs to the exceptions/allow list, please click this link:  CHROME POP-UPS

Here are Pogo's 3 IP's (address URLs) to whitelist:

• pogo.com
  • game3.pogo.com
  • pogospike-prod.pogo.com

Message 12 of 23 (2,852 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank You HOCK9952 ! Reconfigured the settings ,as you suggested. Everything works fine. just like it did before on Internet Explorer.

Message 13 of 23 (882 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Player_0obdha79  @EA_Kristi    You're very welcome! My pop-up setting often changes (a different browser, not Google Chrome) somehow even though I don't have it configured that way. I hope you'll enjoy using Google Chrome.  Standard smile

Message 14 of 23 (874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do I get rid of pop up blocker

Message 15 of 23 (729 Views)

Community Manager

@Holtzman618 

Sorry to see that you are having issues, please see this link for information on turning off your pop-up blocker: https://www.pogo.com/misc/sun-java/help.jsp

Darko.png
Message 16 of 23 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie
need help with pop up blocker plz
Message 17 of 23 (677 Views)

Community Manager

@muggsey What is the issue you are having? 

Darko.png
Message 18 of 23 (666 Views)

★ Novice

how can I get rid of it

@Player_0obdha79 wrote:

Whenever I "click on" My Profile to see badges, stats etc. A square appears saying I have Pop up blocker installed. I never had this problem before. Please, how do I get rid of this Pop up blocker?

Message 19 of 23 (598 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@msdonnanpia   Look at the 1st post. Solutions & links can be found there that still work. 

Message 20 of 23 (582 Views)