Re: Mini-Golf Madness - multiple problems

by Just4FunThisTyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mini-Golf Madness - multiple problems

★★★ Newbie

The game loads to it's main screen.  When I try to select which course (I tried to select the back 9) I got a 'Your game won't load.  Cripes!' error 4 times.  I tried the full course, and it loaded.  I played 3 holes.  Then the 4th hole loaded, but there was no ball !  I ran the compatibility scan.  Even though everything checks out, the scan claims that (at the 4th hole) my resolution isn't supported.  My resolution is 1920 x 1080, however your scan claims my resolution is at 1280 X 720 - it's not.  Or, did this mean that I'm supposed to CHANGE my resolution to BE 1280 X 720 for that game ?  Please do not recommend clearing cookies and/or cache.  That's not helpful. 

I'm not thrilled at all about having to use IE ever, much less to play Java games. 

Now I understand we need to switch back to Chrome (or another browser) to play HTML5 games.  Really ?

Will we ever be able to play all Pogo games using one browser ?

On a side note, I recently returned to Pogo.  I'm THRILLED to see some old Java games being updated - I like them the best.  I HOPE a lot more will be updated !!

(Word Craft, Word Jong, Qwerty, Crazy Cakes, Pop Fu, Fortune Bingo, Lost Temple Poker, Boardwalk Sea Ball, Dice City Roller, Word Search Daily, Word Whomp Whackdown, etc.)  Keep up the good work upgrading !!  We'd much rather have them upgraded, rather than have them removed.      

I'm not happy about Scrabble leaving at all, but I understand about licensing issues. 

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 3 (201 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @anniesmom

Regarding the game segment not loading:

I know you specified that we not recommend clearing your browser cache/cookies,however I wanted to mention the following in case you're not already aware of it.  

By default, IE does not clear temp files and cookies for any sites in your Favorites list.

Go to Tools -> Internet Options, and switch to the General tab.
Click the Delete button in the Browsing history section.
Uncheck Preserve Favorites website data.
Check Temporary internet files and Cookies. You can check or uncheck the others as you see fit.
Click Delete, click OK, and close IE.

Regarding the "missing ball":

Try disabling the in game sound after you load the game, before you start to play (if you've already started playing you may need to. reload the game after disabling the sound).

The speaker icon is located on the left side of the bottom black bar beside the question mark. Be sure to enable the speaker  before you leave if you want sound in other older Pogo games because the sound setting for the those games is connected and muting one mutes them all.

Regarding IE:

I agree, IE11 is my least favorite choice for a browser, too slow and quirky for my tastes! 

Microsoft did not program Internet Explorer to be fully compatible with HTML5 which means IE11 may or may not work when you play HTML5 games, that's why it's recommended  that members use a browser such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox for HTML 5 based games (unfortunately none of these browsers support Java).

Pogo is working hard to convert games over to the HTML5 format as both Java and Flash will be blocked by most (if not all) browsers by late 2020, you can read more about that here

Hope this helps, Just

I am not an employee of either EA or Pogo.
Any advice/instructions I provide regarding Pogo games is based on my own experience as a fellow player.

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (224 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@anniesmom For Pogo the recommend resolution is as follows:

• Club Pogo members should set their resolution to 1024 by 768 or higher, while Free Pogo members should set theirs to 1152 by 864.

Try lowering your settings down to see if it helps and if it does not then please try the relevant troubleshooting steps from here: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Pogo-List-of-Solutions-amp-Workarounds/m-p/4456589#M128620

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @anniesmom

Regarding the game segment not loading:

I know you specified that we not recommend clearing your browser cache/cookies,however I wanted to mention the following in case you're not already aware of it.  

By default, IE does not clear temp files and cookies for any sites in your Favorites list.

Go to Tools -> Internet Options, and switch to the General tab.
Click the Delete button in the Browsing history section.
Uncheck Preserve Favorites website data.
Check Temporary internet files and Cookies. You can check or uncheck the others as you see fit.
Click Delete, click OK, and close IE.

Regarding the "missing ball":

Try disabling the in game sound after you load the game, before you start to play (if you've already started playing you may need to. reload the game after disabling the sound).

The speaker icon is located on the left side of the bottom black bar beside the question mark. Be sure to enable the speaker  before you leave if you want sound in other older Pogo games because the sound setting for the those games is connected and muting one mutes them all.

Regarding IE:

I agree, IE11 is my least favorite choice for a browser, too slow and quirky for my tastes! 

Microsoft did not program Internet Explorer to be fully compatible with HTML5 which means IE11 may or may not work when you play HTML5 games, that's why it's recommended  that members use a browser such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox for HTML 5 based games (unfortunately none of these browsers support Java).

Pogo is working hard to convert games over to the HTML5 format as both Java and Flash will be blocked by most (if not all) browsers by late 2020, you can read more about that here

Hope this helps, Just

I am not an employee of either EA or Pogo.
Any advice/instructions I provide regarding Pogo games is based on my own experience as a fellow player.

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 3 of 3 (225 Views)