Java Games Not Loading

by loveydovey8874

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Java Games Not Loading

★★★ Newbie

Most of my Java-based games don't load in any browser. I find that the whole world is dropping the Java standard in favor of html5, and there is nothing I can do as a user and a customer, to help my issue. So now I'll have to wait until EA converts all of their games to html5, is that correct? And until then I can no longer play 90% of the games I pay for?

Message 1 of 41 (4,668 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Java Games Not Loading

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@loveydovey8874

Click on Tools, top left side.  then click on add-ons

Java Update in the Pale Moon Browser (is an ancestor of Firefox)

By ccboots56 » April 18th, 2017, 8:45 pm

In the Pale Moon browser   Check your add-ons (tools, add-ons) and

make sure it says "always activate" for the java™ platform

SE 8 U 131 11.131.2.11

Next Generation Java Plug-in11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers. 

For The Java Deployment Toolkit add-on 8 .0.1310.11  11.2.11 It will say

"ask to activate"

NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java™ Deploy.  

(This one has a Red Background, just like Firefox)

View in thread

Message 5 of 41 (5,864 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Try downloading the Palemoon browser it plays all games very well including java. I use it all the time. Also be sure your java is the newest version and clean out the java cache. Hope that can help you with your problem. Just punch in Palemoon browser in your search and it will take you there.

Message 2 of 41 (4,630 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@loveydovey8874

Which browser are you using? Chrome, Edge and Firefox do not support Java so the scan will not show Java as enabled in  these three browsers.

At this time IE11 is the only browser supported by Pogo that plays Java based games.

There are a few unsupported browsers that work also:
Firefox 52 ESR Click here for the download
Pale Moon Click here for the download

If you do decide to use either of the above linked browsers make sure to select the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version.

Unsupported means that although these browsers will work, they are not officially recommended and Pogo will not be able to do any troubleshooting for you if you have any problems playing games. 

Personal Note:  I've downloaded the Pale Moon browser and I really like it, it runs all of the games on Pogo and works a lot like Firefox.  I haven't tried the Firefox 52 ESR browser

Disclaimer:  I do not work for EA/Pogo, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Pale Moon, I'm simply providing feedback based on my own personal experience.

Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 3 of 41 (4,614 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you guys, I installed Pale Moon, however, it still acts as if missing a Java plugin, not loading Java-based games. Do you know how can I enable Java in Pale Moon?

Message 4 of 41 (4,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@loveydovey8874

Click on Tools, top left side.  then click on add-ons

Java Update in the Pale Moon Browser (is an ancestor of Firefox)

By ccboots56 » April 18th, 2017, 8:45 pm

In the Pale Moon browser   Check your add-ons (tools, add-ons) and

make sure it says "always activate" for the java™ platform

SE 8 U 131 11.131.2.11

Next Generation Java Plug-in11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers. 

For The Java Deployment Toolkit add-on 8 .0.1310.11  11.2.11 It will say

"ask to activate"

NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java™ Deploy.  

(This one has a Red Background, just like Firefox)

Message 5 of 41 (5,865 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks guys, seems to work now.

Message 6 of 41 (4,573 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@loveydovey8874

You're Welcome!  Standard smile

Message 7 of 41 (4,563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Update: Looks like another issue with PaleMoon. Now my token/gem status doesn't load on the Pogo page, and not a single game runs. It acted as if flash and java were disabled, so I checked under plugins, and everything was disabled, I suppose on its own because last time I used the browser, all the plugins were set to always activate (apart from the java deployment toolkit). Right now everything is set back to always activate, and my java configuration is set to "Enable in browser" too. Any ideas, good people?

Message 8 of 41 (4,523 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@loveydovey8874

Wonder if you lost power or something.  My Pale Moon Browser is fine.

otherwise I have no idea.

Message 9 of 41 (4,515 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you checked to see if you have the newest version of java and flash player? You may also need to clean the caches for both since they stopped.

Message 10 of 41 (4,441 Views)