How many times needed to compailn about Undidiscoverd World

by wound897

Original Post

How many times needed to compailn about Undidiscoverd World

★★★★ Novice

Undiscovered World loads but only shows a Flash icon. Both our machines here have the same problem. I know it loads because if I don't play it after a while it warns me. Flash is current, a few other Flash programs (but not all)  have the same problem (I'm using Edge). All Flash fixes have been implemented

Message 1 of 15 (556 Views)

Re: How many times needed to compailn about Undidiscoverd World

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @wound897,

That's definitely no fun. As you mentioned it both loaded and only showed a Flash icon, could you please provide a screenshot to help us see what you're seeing? You can use the Windows built-in Snipping Tool to take a screenshot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027213/windows-10-open-snipping-tool-and-take-a-screenshot

I look forward to hearing from you.

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 15 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is a picture of the icon

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 15 (494 Views)

Thanks @wound897. That helps a lot. I can see how it's not displaying the Friend information.

What is odd is that it's not displaying the Flash "puzzle piece" icon to prompt for activating it on the page. Can you try the following steps from Adobe Flash's site for see if we can figure out what's going on with Flash?

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html

Please let me know how that goes.

Arrenai Cat

Message 4 of 15 (473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried all of these fixes plus the storage ones suggested by Flash but nothing made a difference. Almost Flash games work and some do not.

Some time ago you suggested removing AdAware. I did that and Undiscovered World worked until the next time I restarted Pogo.

I play a lot of Flash games and they all work just fine. The only other one I have found so far with the problem is Rejeweled Twist,

I know Undiscovered World is loading because if I leave it on without trying to play for some time it,. warns me.

We have two computers using the latest Windows 10 and both have the same problem.

The game used to work but there have been upgrades(?) to both Windows 10 and Flash

Message 5 of 15 (469 Views)

Hello @wound897,

I apologize for the wait in getting back to you. Thanks for the detailed update!

I noticed that you're trying to access it with Edge. Have you tried with Chrome or IE11 to see how it works for you?

Arrenai Cat

Message 6 of 15 (436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes. Same problem

Message 7 of 15 (428 Views)

Thanks for the update, @wound897.

Hmm, I'm still having difficult reproducing the issue on this side. Let's try some additional troubleshooting.

Check your Global Storage Settings:

1. Go to the Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings panel.
    • The box listing your Global Storage Settings is a tool and not an image. In the box you can apply changes to your settings.
  2. Click on the slider bar and move it all the way to the right (unlimited).

3. The tool automatically saves your changes so you do not have to worry about navigating away or accepting the changes manually.

Clear your Flash Player Storage:

1. Go to the Website Storage Setting Panel.
    • The box you see is a tool and not an image; it will allow you to make changes if you click on it.
  2. Click on Delete All Sites.

3. Once all sites are deleted, try your game again.

Please let me know how that goes.

Arrenai Cat

Message 8 of 15 (426 Views)

★★★ Pro
I couldn't get it to load using Edge but it loaded beautifully using Chrome. Have you tried any other browsers?
Message 9 of 15 (412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Neither helped. I get the feeling that Flash is trying to call a routine in Windows OS that is invalid. I have tried Edge, Chrome, IE, and Firefox. All have the same result

Message 10 of 15 (395 Views)