Re: Black screen with Trizzle

by snoopdragon3

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @bowmardon1. Thanks for the update.

If you've completed the troubleshooting above, please let me know a little more about your computer. Could you please cut / paste (or screenshot) your full results from the Pogo Compatibility Tool? As well, could you let me know how much system RAM you have on your PC/Mac? I'll be happy to take a look as to why the games aren't running smoothly for you.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 11 of 21 (734 Views)

★★ Novice
ompatibility Scan
3 problems found on your computer.

Browser No problem found!
Java Not installed / disabled More Info
Operating System No problem found!
Flash Not installed / disabled More Info
Resolution Not supported More Info
Click here to rescan your computer
System Information
Look through our FAQs to find answer to common problems.

Still having problems? File a bug at EA Answer HQ.

Webgl1 supported True
Webgl2 supported True
Java Versions installed False
Operating System Windows 7
Flash version 0.0.0
Resolution 1366 x 768
Browser Chrome 72.0.3626.121
Cookies Enabled True
Do Not Track True
I have 8 gbs of ram.
It says flash is not installed but it is as I enable flash on the required games when I play them.
Message 12 of 21 (719 Views)

★★★★ Novice
How large did you make the screen?
Message 13 of 21 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the ideas you suggested, and trizzle still stays black, but my other hd games load just fine.  obviously it is not my machine, but a problem with the game.  I have to badges I was working (trying to work on, so would appreciate it fixed.

thanks

eliz

Message 14 of 21 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey there, @bowmardon1.

Thanks for the information. It's very helpful!

While you certainly meet the RAM requirements, it appears that you're running Windows 7, which is a few versions out of date for our system requirements for HTML5 games. We advise Windows 10 (or Mac OSX Sierra) and 8 GB of system RAM to run any HD games. Older operating systems may not have the code support to run these newer games. Java and Flash should continue to work for you, however.

For information on updating to Windows 10, please check this article from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 15 of 21 (651 Views)

★★ Novice

All but Quinn's Aquarium and Trizzle work just fine on Windows 7. I didn't have the problem on Trizzle (chrome) until the switch over to the html set up in Trizzle. For now, I will play all the games on Opera which does not seem to have a problem with any of the games be it flash, java or html.  I like the Windows 7 and will continue to play as long as I can on it. On IE, Trizzle has a font not loading problem. All the font loads except for the game itself. If it loads the other then it should load the game as well. I still don't understand the "paused in debugger" either.

Thank you for your time but I feel the issue is still there and unresolved. If the Opera browser which is unsupported by Pogo can play the games then I will use that browser.

Message 16 of 21 (643 Views)

Hey there, @bowmardon1.

Sometimes when system specifications are not supported, they could still run fine with some games. However, it means that we won't be able to troubleshoot the issue without meeting the minimum.

For Internet Explorer, it doesn't have the full WebGL integration required to run many HTML5 games. Not all games use WebGL1 or WebGL2, but it does improve chances on it running if both are supported by the browser. For more information about WebGL and how it affects Pogo HTML5 / HD games, please check out the following article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/how-to-enable-webgl-to-run-games-on-pogo/

I hope that helps a little more for you.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 17 of 21 (635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i will go back and try

Message 18 of 21 (602 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here
Message 19 of 21 (560 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here tried all suggestions but nothing works,  Using Chrome but also tried on IE 

Black screen after hitting Start Game button!  Frown  

In IE it starts as black screen but turns green with big notice  "Unable to load font"

Message 20 of 21 (547 Views)