Bing Search window popping up

by Wyldrose55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bing Search window popping up

★ Newbie

I am having issues with Bing search window continuously popping up while I am playing games on pogo. This only happens on pogo. I have blocked Bing and changed my internet settings and still cannot get it to stop. It is very frustrating as most times I cannot continue a game since the search will not go away and I cannot do anything but close out, because of this interruption. Do you have any suggestions on how to get this to stop while I am on pogo. I fear that I will not be able to continue to play on pogo if this continues. Please help. I have gone to many other sites to see if it is something with my computer and it only happens on pogo.

Message 1 of 4 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bing Search window popping up

Community Manager (retired)

@Wyldrose55 

It  sounds like you may have Malware or Adware on your computer which is causing this.

There's a detailed article in Pogo News which you should read which gives troubleshooting steps to resolve this:

http://news.pogo.com/pogo-tech-tips-unexpected-ads-you-may-have-adware/

Please take the time to read this and follow the steps to remove the Adware/Malware.

Note that this is not coming from Pogo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (921 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Maybe you are pressing a key combination that brings you to the search?

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (676 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Wyldrose55 

It  sounds like you may have Malware or Adware on your computer which is causing this.

There's a detailed article in Pogo News which you should read which gives troubleshooting steps to resolve this:

http://news.pogo.com/pogo-tech-tips-unexpected-ads-you-may-have-adware/

Please take the time to read this and follow the steps to remove the Adware/Malware.

Note that this is not coming from Pogo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 3 of 4 (922 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You have my email address wrong and won't let me change it... You even keep telling me my last name is invalid. I have my same email address since 2004 and my last name since 1961. My email address is [edit: email address removed]             NOT NOT NOT [edit: email address removed]. 

Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)