ADS RUNNING INTO GAME TIME

by CheriW52

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ADS RUNNING INTO GAME TIME

★★ Novice

THERE ARE A LOT OF US THAT ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ADS RUNNING INTO OUR GAME TIME AND CREATING AN UNFAIR HANDICAP.  PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADS HAVE AN ESCAPE BUTTON OR A TIMER TO RUN DOWN.  THAT BIRTH CONTROL AD IS THE CURRENT PROBLEM IN TIMED GAMES.  

YOU ARE IRRITATING YOUR CUSTOMERS.  I DON'T MIND ADS BUT SOME OF THEM ARE JUST WAY TOO LONG.  I FEEL LIKE CONTACTING THE PRODUCT OWNER TO COMPLAIN.  SOME PEOPLE FIND BIRTH CONTROL ADS SINFUL.  FYI.  I ALSO HATE RX ADS FOR CANCER.  NOT ONLY IS IT IRRITATING AND SAD, I THINK IT IS MEDICALLY UNETHICAL TO ADVERTISE MEDICATIONS.  

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT.

Message 1 of 18 (883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ADS RUNNING INTO GAME TIME

Community Manager

@CheriW52 If you are using a POGO account and not a Club POGO account then you will experience adds.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (987 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@CheriW52 If you are using a POGO account and not a Club POGO account then you will experience adds.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

now the birth control ad is endlessly looping. i start a game of scrabble and can't get back. at the start of solitaire it kept repeating and i couldn't even get into the game.

you must put some kind of a timer or opt out button on ads like this.

i still think it is unethical to advertise rx drugs directly to the consumer.

[Do not post in all CAPS. There is no need to SHOUT! - CM]

Message 3 of 18 (806 Views)

★ Apprentice

Now I can't seem to get into any game.  It's the birth control ad.  I loaded Solitaire 20 times and couldn't get in.  The ad endlessly loops or it stops and then finally a few minutes later it bounces me out back to the starting frame.

Message 4 of 18 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie
adds are acceptable -long adds are not. saying you will experiance adds is not answering the problem-long adds cut into game and player loses a play or more. this answer by community manager is an insult
Message 5 of 18 (767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So do I!!!!! this Merk ad runs for 1&1/2 minutes,way too long! You can't play any of the games without this messing you up! I am fed up! This sucks!

Message 6 of 18 (755 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't mind the ads,but this one last's for 1&1/2 minutes long! 90 seconds! You never get to finish a game,especially Bingo! The game is over by the time the ad ends! This sucks!
Message 7 of 18 (753 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you! these ads are running way too long! I timed the birth control one,1&1/2 minutes long,that sucks!
Message 8 of 18 (752 Views)

Birth control ad still stopping play in ALL games

★★ Novice

I'e reported this numberous times in the last two weeks.  Once the birth control ad appears I can no longer play ANY game.  It either endlessly repeats or it just stops after the ad is done and nothing happens and then I get kicked out of the game by some timer in your programming.  You fixed the keytruda ad, can't you fix this one.  Besides the ad being way too long, you need to put a timer on it or an Opt Out button.  Or at least fix it so that when it's done it goes right back to the game.  

THIS IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

I'd be swearing now if I wasn't a lady.

Message 9 of 18 (732 Views)

MERCK BIRTH CONTROL AD - DISGUSTING & FREEZES GAME

★★ Newbie

EVERY TIME WE SEE THE OBNOXIOUS MERCK BIRTH CONTROL AD THE AD NEVER ENDS -- IT FREEZES THE SCREEN AND I CANNOT GET BACK TO SCRABBLE. IT CANCELS THE GAME. THESE ADS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE ANYWAY FOR POGO -- YOU HAVE YOUNG KIDS PLAYING & SHOULD NOT BE EXPOSED TO THESE DISGUSTING ADS. THE WOMEN IN THIS AD ACT LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO GET * & THIS PRODUCT MAKES IT OK. YOU BETTER THINK LONG & HARD ABOUT REVOLTING ADS LIKE THIS. POGO IS ENCOURAGING PROMESCUITY AMOUNG WOMEN -- KNOCK IT OFF!!! 

GET RID OF THIS AD.

SEND THIS ON TO THE APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENT.

Message 10 of 18 (726 Views)