unable to progress in sweet tooth town

by clumsysue34

Original Post

Accepted Solution

unable to progress in sweet tooth town

★★ Novice

i am unable to upgrade or progress to higher levels since they changed the rules governing the awarding of the chocolate coins. before the new rule came in i used some of my coins on a few levels to purchase extra moves which i wuld not have done if the current rules were in effect from the start. now i can go no further in the game i can just play the same levels over and over for no further  reward

Message 1 of 20 (2,236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: unable to progress in sweet tooth town

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@clumsysue34, This is the first that I have heard that the rules for Sweet Tooth Town have changed. That is a good thing, but the game needs to revised to allow players like you to be able to advance somehow.

One way would be to change the program to allow the purchase of chocolate coins with gems ONLY when both conditions exist :

1. Completed levels all have 3 stars, and

2. The number of chocolate coins earned is less than the number of coins needed to construct another cupcake to advance in levels. 

If such a programming change were possible to make, this would help players like you in this situation to advance in the game, and it would not allow someone to buy levels when it is possible to earn them. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (2,223 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@clumsysue34, This is the first that I have heard that the rules for Sweet Tooth Town have changed. That is a good thing, but the game needs to revised to allow players like you to be able to advance somehow.

One way would be to change the program to allow the purchase of chocolate coins with gems ONLY when both conditions exist :

1. Completed levels all have 3 stars, and

2. The number of chocolate coins earned is less than the number of coins needed to construct another cupcake to advance in levels. 

If such a programming change were possible to make, this would help players like you in this situation to advance in the game, and it would not allow someone to buy levels when it is possible to earn them. 

Message 2 of 20 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. I have just shy of 13,000 chocolate coins but 20,000 is needed to construct the next tier. I have achieved 3 stars on all of the first 10 levels so it will not award me any other coins. So now I am stuck where I am only able to replay levels 1-10 with no hope of being able to progress further.

Message 3 of 20 (2,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@fkt08djpuYep, until the game is revised, I think you are correct.  This issue has been identified by others as well and it is preventing them from progressing further with the game. By some twist of irony, I have 100,000+ chocolate coins available to spend but this is not one of my favorite games, so by choice I have not progressed beyond the 15th level (3rd cupcake).  Maybe later I will take more interest in the game.

Message 4 of 20 (2,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I have another proposal as an way to allow earning chocolate coins, even if a player's levels have 3 stars for the levels. Currently, chocolate coins are not awarded for replaying games with levels having 3 stars. However, if the game is revised to allow a smaller number of coins to be earned for repeating levels completed with 3 stars, that will allow players who have all 3-star levels to continue to earn coins, and eventually to have enough coins to start the next construction mode to make more cupcakes in order to advance in the game.  Perhaps this suggestion will be forwarded to the Pogo team in charge of the game programming.  

Message 5 of 20 (2,158 Views)

★★ Novice

That would be acceptable also.it's so frustrating being so close yet not being able to progress

Message 6 of 20 (2,146 Views)

★ Apprentice
@cafedelon I was checking on SSTown. As you know
that I have been hung up in construction mode for a month now. Low and behold the daily challenge for today is STTown. This make 7 or 8 games I lost out on. I'm paying for Club Pogo to play the challenges. I've been trying to get my game working.
With No Success. My membership is paid till December. I doubt I'll renew. Can't play all the game, no since to pay.
Message 7 of 20 (2,127 Views)

★ Expert
@maggieonemae I understand your frustration. Sometimes games are released with bugs or flaws that where not considered or corrected during development. One suggestion I have to EA if this is practical is to allow Pogo players (even if only a limited number) to participate in testing the games before they are released to the general public to help discover and identify game glitches and flaws. Some game sites do this, but usually its for one massive game, not lots of small games. However, it might be an option here.
Message 8 of 20 (2,115 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @cafedelon.

Some elements are available for Early Access. For example, if you want to experience the new Pogo Experience in Early Access and give feedback on it, you can find the application here:

https://blog.pogo.com/registernow/

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 9 of 20 (2,086 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_Arrenai Oh yes, I remember hearing about Early Access. Ty.
Message 10 of 20 (2,074 Views)