high stakes pool availability

by poolguy773

Original Post

Accepted Solution

high stakes pool availability

★ Novice

Who is the publisher of high stakes pool so I can contact them? I want to know if I can go to a website and play high stakes pool because its not on www.pogo.com anymore. I want to know if I can go to a different website or even buy the game to play it again 

Message 1 of 7 (1,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: high stakes pool availability

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @poolguy773.

Thanks so much for your interest in High Stakes Pool. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the Pogo team. While the Flash version has been retired, the team is constantly evaluating the next games to update to HTML5.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,422 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @poolguy773.

Thanks so much for your interest in High Stakes Pool. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the Pogo team. While the Flash version has been retired, the team is constantly evaluating the next games to update to HTML5.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,423 Views)

★★ Novice

Agree! HD games are so bad theres Zero point to even use them! I've been playing High Stakes Pool and Risk for a long time. They were great.

Pogo sucks so bad now its unreal.

Could chat with friends and make new friends while playing games. Now you cant do anything. The games they have are HORRIBLE.

Finding friends is so unreal that theres no point to try. Also the games SUCK.

When i first played on pogo they had hammerhead pool which worked and there was chat with friends. Why they changed it is a mystery.

I dont want to play kiddie games. I WANT POOL AND RISK WITH CHAT WITH FRIENDS!!!!!

POGO you must be greedy or something because you suck now.

Message 3 of 7 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Shipwreckedd, Many others totally agree with your comments.  Unfortunately, EA does not often seem to take players' input into consideration when making changes to the Pogo game site, which results in disappointment, frustration and negative feeling about the Pogo site. The declining number of people here at the game site is clear evidence of that.

Message 4 of 7 (1,332 Views)

★★ Novice

It's sad what happened to the best games on pogo.

The whole site is trashed now. No point to it. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,092 Views)

★ Expert
@Shipwreckedd When Adobe and Oracle announced they were no longer going to support game and website platforms at the end of 2020, EA started making changes to this site that were very unpopular. These included discontinuing new mini items, adding games that were full of cartoon characters, and removing very popular games in groups. First deleted were the games using Oracle's platform. Then game deletion of games using Adobe's Flash platform killed off the remaining and most popular games. Finally after those games were removed playing the games with other people in the same chat room was eliminated because the rooms were based on Adobe's and Oracle's platforms. It was horrible when EA killed off the Classic Pogo website as we knew it. Pogo also lost some of the most experienced and best paid EA managers and non-EA volunteers at the EA Help forum.

Pogo was not the only website affected by Adobe and Oracle ending support for their old platforms. Other longstanding and popular social and game sites closed or were radically changed if they continued, such as OurWorld by FlowPlay, which also is now gone.

At the end of 2020 when my subscription was about to expire, I intentionally did not renew it. I returned to play games at Pogo as a non-paying member but that was horrible because of long commercial ads and failures of browsers to load them sometimes. I still periodically returned to play some free games and noticed the number of people at Pogo rapidly decreasing. Once 50,000 was common when I first joined Pogo. Then the numbers dropped to 45,000 and 40,000 an 35,000 and held at 30,000 for a while by the end of 2021. In 2022 I noticed the numbers dropping to 28,000, then 25,000 and now the most I usually see is 21,000 to 23,000. The highest I saw recently was 24,800 on Memorial day. No doubt more people came to play that day because they had free time to do it. I don't know if the number of people playing at Pogo will drop much lower, but I suspect that will eventually happen.

Pogo is not the same as it once was. It's a new website with the same old name but with new games and an appearance that many of the previous members do not enjoy. The one positive thing I'll say is that they fixed the problems with commercials while playing free games. The ads are not as long as before and the browsers do not lock up when playing the ads as before.
Message 6 of 7 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever find another pool game? let me know where you go....I play it on my phone! lol Cocktail

Message 7 of 7 (174 Views)