Word Whomp letters don't show

by softswans1095614

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Word Whomp letters don't show

★★ Novice

Gopher letters in Word Whomp are light colored and are very hard to see. What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 7 (499 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Word Whomp letters don't show

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @softswans1095614. I apologize for the wait.

One thing that stands out is that you're on Windows 7, which is not a supported OS for HTML5 games. Windows 7 came out when HTML 4.0 was the web standard, so it may not be able to fully recognize the newer HTML5 programming. HTML5 games are a newer code base than Java or Flash, so we recommend a newer OS, like Windows 10. While it may work on earlier versions of Windows on occasion, it being unstable may be a result of that. You may wish to update your version of Windows when you have an opportunity.

In addition, I would recommend updating your version of Windows as Windows 7 is approaching End of Life, meaning it will no longer get security updates soon, leaving it susceptible to viruses and other vulnerabilities. Microsoft has announced it will no longer support Windows 7, including security updates, after Janua..., only a few months away. We want to make sure your computer is protected, and updating your operating system can help maintain that security.

Here's some information on updating to Windows 10 from earlier versions of Windows: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

For the RAM itself, we do recommend at least 8 GB of system RAM, and you mentioned you only have 4 GB RAM. It's possible that the missing lettering and other graphical issues may be related to not having enough memory for the game. Fortunately, RAM is one of the easier and inexpensive hardware upgrades you can do.

You can also find more information about what the minimum system requirements for Pogo's HTML5 games are here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/system-requirements-to-play-pogo-games/#h5

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (319 Views)

All Replies

Hey there, @softswans1095614.

Hmm, let's see if we can figure out why they're not the normal black lettering. What browser are you using to play Pogo?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 7 (433 Views)

★★ Novice

using Chrome IE 7. I had dark letters until Word Whomp was changed

Message 3 of 7 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

Trying to send .PNG again

Message 4 of 7 (403 Views)

Hey there, @softswans1095614.

I apologize as you mentioned both Chrome and Internet Explorer 7 in your reply. Are you trying to use both of them? Please note that Internet Explorer, including up to the current IE11, is not supported for HTML5 games.

If you're also able to share some of your browser details, it would help a lot. Could you please cut / paste (or screenshot) your full results from the Pogo Compatibility Tool? As well, could you let me know how much system RAM you have on your PC/Mac? I'll be happy to take a look as to why the game isn't running smoothly for you.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 7 (368 Views)

★★ Novice

Ram is 4.00 GB. Compatibility Scan attached

I'm also having trouble in some games where lines completely cover my game up and I can't see anything. What's up with that??

Message 6 of 7 (347 Views)

Hey there, @softswans1095614. I apologize for the wait.

One thing that stands out is that you're on Windows 7, which is not a supported OS for HTML5 games. Windows 7 came out when HTML 4.0 was the web standard, so it may not be able to fully recognize the newer HTML5 programming. HTML5 games are a newer code base than Java or Flash, so we recommend a newer OS, like Windows 10. While it may work on earlier versions of Windows on occasion, it being unstable may be a result of that. You may wish to update your version of Windows when you have an opportunity.

In addition, I would recommend updating your version of Windows as Windows 7 is approaching End of Life, meaning it will no longer get security updates soon, leaving it susceptible to viruses and other vulnerabilities. Microsoft has announced it will no longer support Windows 7, including security updates, after Janua..., only a few months away. We want to make sure your computer is protected, and updating your operating system can help maintain that security.

Here's some information on updating to Windows 10 from earlier versions of Windows: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

For the RAM itself, we do recommend at least 8 GB of system RAM, and you mentioned you only have 4 GB RAM. It's possible that the missing lettering and other graphical issues may be related to not having enough memory for the game. Fortunately, RAM is one of the easier and inexpensive hardware upgrades you can do.

You can also find more information about what the minimum system requirements for Pogo's HTML5 games are here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/system-requirements-to-play-pogo-games/#h5

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 7 of 7 (320 Views)