Re: Why won't Yahtzee open in Pogo today?

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why won't Yahtzee open in Pogo today?

★★ Newbie

Why won't Yahtzee open in Pogo today?

Message 1 of 12 (1,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @carolet227.

There was some unexpected downtime for the Flash games this weekend, but that has since been resolved. Can you try the game again and let me know how it goes for you?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,130 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @carolet227.

There was some unexpected downtime for the Flash games this weekend, but that has since been resolved. Can you try the game again and let me know how it goes for you?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried to open Yahtzee Party for at least five minutes - now 5:31pm ET.  Still won't load.

Message 3 of 12 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@carolet227 same here. have been trying for hours to open the game, to no avail. now 6:56pm. have sent two messages to EAHelp - no reply as yet.
Message 4 of 12 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@crush342, Is Yahzee party still a problem for you? I played it the following day and I was able to complete a game. It took a while to load and I thought I might have the same problem too of not being able to play it.  After over 30 seconds, the game finally started for me.  Perhaps the game loaded very slowly for you too leading you to believe it would not start. I will admit that it had not loaded this slowly the last time I played it months ago.   One other thing to keep in mind.  This is a Flash game and all Flash games will be retired on December 1, 2020.  Hopefully you will be able to play a few more times before it goes away.

Message 5 of 12 (1,006 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this related to the problem of not being able to get into Boggle Bash?  A commercial plays, then I get a white screen with Pogo logo all over it.

This has been going on for 2-3 days, and I have tried 4 different browsers (MS Edge, Google Chromes, IE and Firefox).

Message 6 of 12 (980 Views)

★ Expert
@Player_5sjscsn4 , Have you cleared your brower's cache (memory) recently? One of the symptoms of a full or near full cache is that the games won't load or freezes during the loading process. The white screen you seen may be caused by that. If you are not sure how to clear the cache of your browser, click on the link below which provides guidance for all the major browsers. Good luck.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo-Classic/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/78964...
Message 7 of 12 (977 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried it.  It didn't help, but thanks.

Any other ideas?  Kind of frustrating, with Boggle retiring soon, not to be able to play it during its last 2-3 days.

Message 8 of 12 (972 Views)

★ Expert
@Player_5sjscsn4 , There are a few other suggestions but you have tried some. You've tried a different browser. If the is issue is insufficient memory to run the game and you've cleared your browser cache, you can try one more thing. Close any open programs you have running, like emails, other websites, photos, etc. This will give a little more memory to use. One final suggestion... if you can't get some of the Flash games to work, try others that you enjoy because today (Nov 30) is the last day to play the Flash games here.
Message 9 of 12 (944 Views)

★★ Novice

Others seem to work (scrabble and yahtzee).  Just Boggle Bash ... my favorite.

It's a brand new computer, 10th gen i7, 12gb of ram ... don't think it's anything like that.

OTHER people are getting in (as it shows 20+ people in assorted rooms) ... for some strange reason, I can't get in doing the same things I have always done.

Message 10 of 12 (941 Views)