Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck

by MadameX13

Original Post

Re: Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck

★★ Apprentice

diazjrf777

Hold up pilgrim. I am not sure why you found it necessary to try to censor my post but you need to go back and read the comments in this forum. All of these posts are not ‘assistance from helpful Pogo players’. The majority of them are complaints and promises to close accounts. If there is a censoring on post then this entire forum should not have been in existence just based on the title -- Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck’.

As for debugging – my profession is systems analyst and  I have produced a lot of great code – debugging is a most for a program to work as designed. Debugging is also actually having a tester play the game on different platforms to see where the code breaks or malfunctions, which, is what POGO players are doing. A debugger tool is a program that was coded and also had to be debugged to ensure that it is effectively doing the job it was designed to do.

As for addressing the responses from the Community Manager, again, read some of the other posts where the community manager has been addressed.

I am not an impersonator. Just like everyone else in this forum who are playing on all the different platforms and devices --- My experience with POGO and the problems are real. My comments are real. My frustrations are real. My question to you is -- If everything in your POGO world is fine, why are you on this forum and was your post, addressing my post, the assistance from a helpful Pogo player?

I am a POGO player and I approve this post!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 81 of 349 (1,259 Views)

★★ Novice

Other games have changed format and are not having nearly this many issues. It is the way that pogo has their new homepage setup that is messed up. It is not user friendly and very hard to find what you are looking for, not letting you access you Wednesday challenges, Daily challenges are easy enough and certainly if you want to pay, they are not shy with that option. But, it is way too hard to work around the page.

Message 82 of 349 (1,217 Views)

★ Novice

I agree.  I've been a member for years and now playing Pogo on my MAC is a real problem and not all games work.  I quit for almost a year and I still see the same problems.   

I'm done!   I QUIT!

Message 83 of 349 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is the use of being a paying member when you have taken all the decent games away that were the reason that we joined pogo

Message 84 of 349 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@dolllady1946 Last week I signed in and can only access the "early" games. Not many of the games complete loading. I did cancel my subscription. I thought I would still be able to access the games that are retiring in March. Not so. I am so done!
Message 85 of 349 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@there843, If I understand your concern, you are saying that you went to the Early Access Pogo webpages and cannot find the old Flash games there. That is correct, only HTML5 games are at the Early Access website.

However, you can return to the Classic Pogo website that you are familiar with. What you do if you are still at the Early Access site is to look in the upper right corner of the screen an click on the little avatar symbol.  You might see Spike the Poppit avatar character, which I think is the default avatar shown.

After you click on the avatar in the upper right corner of your screen a drop down menu will show. At the bottom of the menu is an option to return "Back to Pogo Classic". Click on that link, and you will be taken back to the traditional Pogo pages you are familiar with.

See the screen shot below. Note: I changed my avatar from Poppit Spike to the Sweet Town Shop avatar in this screenshot.

pogo how to return to the classic mode.png

Message 86 of 349 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree with reducing the membership to half or lower as you have taken away the majority of the games my son and I play - once he found out you took away squelchies and harvest mania and pool, he hasn't been on in the 6 months since I renewed it. If things don't improve  A LOT soon I may seriously will consider NOT renewing!!!! and now you are taking away Pogo Bowl one of the reasons I got the paid membership!

Message 87 of 349 (1,086 Views)

@KahlessLSFo The price should be reduced until EA has Early Access all the way up and running. I hope they will take this into consideration for us players.

And there are going to be A LOT more changes coming....for the better? Who knows. For some players, yes it going to be better...and for other players, no.

Good luck
~BB
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 88 of 349 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I am looking forward to what you come up with regarding the "tokens" issue. I worked hard to get the tokens I have just as everyone else has. There is nothing to spend them on anymore, no drawings at all. When I first joined Pogo people could actually win a jackpot in the game they were playing, or enter drawings and win actual cash. Over the last few years Pogo has managed to slowly get rid of all that. So what good do our "tokens" do now? 

ConnieSL2001

Message 89 of 349 (1,017 Views)

@abc1290664523 It has been said that is going to be a new rewards system in place of the tokens. BUT, to date, nothing has been laid out in front of us.

As for the tokens, what good are they? Not much anymore. Just to sit there and be lonely.

Good Luck
~BB
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 90 of 349 (997 Views)