by MadameX13

Original Post

Re: Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck

★★★ Newbie

SO VERY TRUE

Message 61 of 349 (1,480 Views)

★★ Novice

I totally agree this site has gone to pot, they took a good thing and turned it into crap.  Tri Peaks is ruined, more than 1 card going over, EA said get a new mouse, I did, that did not help, it is this site.  I hope someone else buys this and restores it to the great site it was.  Now you cannot chat and play, and most of my friends have left here or are never on this site anymore.  SHAME ON EA FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE!

Message 62 of 349 (1,439 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also close to terminating after 19 yrs.  This site is ruined now.

Message 63 of 349 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MadameX13 it really makes you mad to see ea destroy pogo like there doing , they put a hole new meaning to cheap , and there hd crap , nothing but cheap knock offs of once good games . ea missed the point , pogo and it's foram is what people loved and all the friends we made , you've taken all the fun away that was once there.and no one buys your plugins crap, ,
Message 64 of 349 (1,425 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been a member since 1999. I am so sad to see this community that I have enjoyed murdered. I have met people from all over the world and some have become close friends irl as well as on pogo. After the death of my beloved husband in 2015, so many friends from pogo helped me through the darkest hours, especially at night when it was the hardest.

Games that I have loved have been lost, the chat feature that so many of us have used, and enjoyed, is all but gone. We loved to make all kinds of interesting cameos with our minis. Items that I paid for are gone. That is just wrong, that is robbery. We miss our mini contests. I miss our token specials. The ones they have now are just a joke and never change.

Bring Back Our Pogo! BBOP!

EA games is heartless.

Message 65 of 349 (1,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Even your replies are "canned" each one is so similar to the previous.

We KNOW about Java/Flash etc. What we object to is that the ways the replacements are made removes features we loved about POGO. The constant dunning for more gems to successfully complete so many games is just wrong. When I first joined I think it was like $19.95 for a year. In twenty years the inflation rate is 2.2 % but POGO has gone up considerably above that. Doing away with the minis and contests is a disappointment. The biggest concern is NOT LISTENING to those of us paying for POGO, that is EAs greatest problem and will be the cause of it's collapse. Then we all will lose.

Message 66 of 349 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

The multiple comments added to the post "Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck" reveals the dissatisfaction that many players have regarding the changes being made to the Pogo game site.  I myself have added comments sharing my disappointment with the direction EA is taking with this website.  People at EA know that I have made criticisms of this website before.  They also know I have tried to help other players try to solve problems that players are having here at the EA Answers HQ forum. I can be a pain to EA sometimes with my comments, but I want to see the Pogo website succeed in the future.  I would hope that my criticisms in the past and below are viewed as somewhat constructive. 

I totally understand why Flash and Java games are being removed and in some cases replaced with HTML5 games.  These platforms are being phased out by their developers Adobe and Oracle.  I also know that much of the original and current appearance of the Classic Experience of the Pogo website consists of images using Flash, and this too will be gone sometime in 2020.  

I have seen a few of the Flash games like Trizzle and Tri-Peaks Solitaire converted to HTML5 versions, which retained much of the original Flash game in appearance especially Trizzle. That is encouraging to see. It's a start, but most of the older games are not being replaced with HTML5 versions of the games, although time will tell if more are brought back with HTML5 versions.

From viewing the Early Access Experience pages, the new Pogo website will look nothing like the current traditional Pogo website.  That is VERY disappointing. Why? It's because people who have been here for years have come to enjoy the appearance of the classic website and the features it had. I believe that it is possible to keep the general appearance of the Pogo site similar to the existing classic look if EA wished to do that using HTML5 code.  People tend to find comfort in what is familiar to them, not in radical change.  However, it appears that EA wishes to totally change the appearance of the Pogo website to the extent that when the classic Pogo webpages are gone, there will be almost nothing that resembles the traditional look.  The new Pogo website will be in NAME ONLY.  That is not just my opinion.  Other members have voiced the same opinion to me.   

Already gone from the Pogo website is the regular addition of new mini items in the mini mall, which was a delightful experience when it existed.  Gone are the daily and monthly drawings for prizes.   Gone are many Flash and Java games with almost no HTML5 replacements for them.  Gone are rewards for completing HTML5 games like the Pogo tokens for Flash and Java games, with the exception of completing daily and weekly (Wednesday) challenges.  Gone is the Pogo Download Games center.  Gone is the chat box on the right side of the game screen for HTML5 games which made chatting with friends easy while playing the games.  In its place, the chat box for HTML5 games has been placed under the game screen, which requires scrolling up and down between the game and the chat box to make comments.  Not a good change!  When I look around the classic Pogo website still available, the landscape and experience is changing so much that it is becoming difficult to recognize the Pogo website I know. Fortunately some remnants of the past still exist, but they will be gone too in time.   

I don't know what is in the minds of the EA management team when they think that completely changing this website will be considered a good experience for the paying members that have been here for years.  As I said, there is comfort in what is familiar to us. Honestly I have NOT read many positive comments by the majority of members here regarding the changes taking place.  Most of what I have read is negative and intensely negative.  The positive comments I've read mostly come from EA.  That is expected but the non-EA members should also be enjoying the new experience, and many do not appear to be happy.  Many have said they will not renew their memberships or they are thinking about not renewing.  

I don't want to see the Pogo website fail with a mass exodus of paying members, because if that happens it will the end of this website.  I want to see the Pogo website succeed in and beyond 2020.  If all the appearance and experience of the Pogo of the traditional website is removed and replaced a totally different look with totally different games, it will still offer games and socializing for players.  With few other options for websites providing multiple games like at Pogo, this may still be the best option.  But if people stay here, it will not be the same experience.  Maybe in time I will change my views of what's going on here, but I will truly miss the old Pogo website each time I come here.  

I will step down from my soap box now.

Message 67 of 349 (1,352 Views)

★ Guide

Soooo true

Message 68 of 349 (1,337 Views)

★ Guide

Sooo tired of excuses....just make POGO like it was, I know there's always a way to make it close to what it was!  NOT like a typical kids game place like it IS now Frown

Message 69 of 349 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hate to go to another game place but will if not fixed soon

Message 70 of 349 (1,320 Views)