Re: Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck

by Player_6c676lfe

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah...sadly I am not likely to stay either.

I don't like the childish look of the site.

I don't like the games and how they look and play.

I miss all of the games that I joined and remained so long to play.

They took my hard earned coins that gave me a sense of having accomplished

something. That alone already made me feel like I wasn't interested in staying

any more. The fact that they could not understand what that meant to players,

who worked hard over the years to earn them, points to how tone deaf they

really are to what many of their players want.

I feel they have "missed" the mark on identifying what it is many of their

players want and why we are here.

It is sad because I have been here for a very long time and I rarely even

bother to come any more for anything but curiosity about what is happening.

I still have some time on my sub, but am not planning to re-subbing this go

around. Everything I loved about Pogo is pretty much gone, or in the process

of being gone.

I will miss the flash games most. If Pogo was serious about keeping this site

long time player friendly, they would have kept the coins and worked to find, or 

create games to mirror the ones that are going away with flash.

There is just not enough left to make Pogo fun, or interesting any more.

For those who are staying....I hope they can make it fun for you. It is just

too far from what drew me to Pogo in the first place for me.

Sad, really. 

Message 281 of 349 (753 Views)

★ Guide
@Vonnie4015 my subscription expired today and I'm not likely to re-subscribe until they change back to the original way to play, which these, "new" people at EA do not understand on doing Frown they have gone down from hundred's of thousands playing each and every day, down to only 30,ooo at any time, sad, sad, sad, times for sure! Wil TRULY miss POGO and the fun that used to be, but is NO more! :'( and all of the other players we used to have that fun with...stay safe everyone, WILL miss all of you!
Message 282 of 349 (728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I became a Pogo member way back when they first began.  I lost my youngest daughter in July 2001.  She was 25 years old.  Pogo helped me stay sane and get through it.  The friends I had online were wonderful.  I strongly dislike the Early Access Experience, and would love to stay in Classic mode.  Every time I open Pogo, I have to go to profile to return to classic.  I, too, will be leaving when my subscription is up.  My parents always said "If something isn't broken, don't fix it"  I understand the switch to html, but the new games are a joke!!  I saw better graphics on the old arcade games--Pacman and the like.  Wake up, Pogo, or we will be mourning your demise soon.

Message 283 of 349 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@birdmama1945, You, I and many others have shouted out to EA to wake up and take a different direction but our voices have fallen to deaf ears. The new Pogo website is a creation completely of EA's making. They cannot blame AOL which created the Pogo game site years ago for the new platform or new games being added now.  Whether the Pogo new website fails or succeeds, the responsibility rests totally with EA.

Message 284 of 349 (672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with you, I do not like the new Pogo. Where is my old hidden object  games.

Message 285 of 349 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko After spending 45 years in IT, mostly as an application developer, I really resent your answer. The platform may have changed but you can still write code to accomplish what the old games did. So please quit insulting our intelligence.
Message 286 of 349 (527 Views)

★ Guide
@billthevet my subscription just ran out and I'm not renewing after all of these years being with POGO, sad but true, they have lost a LOT of people...when I stop to play there a few minutes, I don't mind the ad's...they allow me to go to the bathroom, or grab a snack...sooo WHO loses here? Ahhh, STILL EA...hahahaha
Message 287 of 349 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@billthevetI agree with you Bill. They don't respect us. In time the number of players playing here will probably fall to a pitifully low level. If a website turns it's backs on the loyal players, bad karma comes back to them and rightfully so.

Message 288 of 349 (474 Views)

★ Guide
@cafedelon yep, I just tossed my subscription and shut off the sound and play my, Hauser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66KLIvt0r8k and relax whenever I do go to POGO anymore, not like before tho, VERY few times...you lose EA by NOT listening to your, "paying: customer's!
Message 289 of 349 (466 Views)

★ Expert
@Player_6c676lfe Nice relaxing video. Ty for that!
Message 290 of 349 (463 Views)