Re: Why is EA murdering the Pogo site; the HD games suck

by BurghBaby

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Well whatever reward system they work out on the new pogo site they should at least take into account our current token amounts and give us the eqivelant in the new rewards.

Message 91 of 349 (1,153 Views)

@abc1290664523 I so agree with you!
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 92 of 349 (1,142 Views)

★ Guide

yeah, and this early access is NOT a go so far....creepy looking and too dark...people's money could go elsewhere where they do still care what their players and pAyers ask for! AND, you better watch out, cuz all of us who complain, I've noticed get the games we DO still play, start acting up...balls shooting double, triple when you only want 1 to shoot...and other's too  grrr  Frown  very sad!

Message 93 of 349 (1,123 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Player_6c676lfe.

It certainly shouldn't be hitching on you to cause multiple actions from a single click. I'd like to do some troubleshooting with you, if you're interested.

If you're able to share some of your browser details, it would help a lot. Could you please cut / paste (or screenshot) your full results from the Pogo Compatibility Tool? As well, could you let me know how much system RAM you have on your PC/Mac? I'll be happy to take a look as to why the game isn't running smoothly for you.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 94 of 349 (1,097 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Arrenai I've run all of the, Pogo Compatibility Tools...other players have been complaining about these issues also, so I'm thinking it's not us....Thanks anyway..
Message 95 of 349 (1,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Player_6c676lfe, Two thoughts occurred to me what might be causing these game glitches. I can't be sure but you can try to find out.

1. Our browsers use "hardware acceleration" which speeds up the games, but sometimes graphical errors can result when using it. This seems to happen more often with HTML5 games for some reason.

Pogo provides a guide for troubleshooting HTML5 games and at the top of guide is a discussion of "graphical issues" and hardware acceleration. You are asked to try to go into your browser settings and turn off the hardware acceleration feature. The guide gives some directions on how to do it, but if you want more use Google to search "how to turn off hardware acceleration" for the browser you use. Oh, if you turn off the hardware acceleration setting and you notice no change in the way the games behave, go back and turn hardware acceleration back on. It is designed speed up sluggish games. Below is a link to the troubleshooting guide.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo-Classic/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108#M158506

2. Sometimes I experience graphical errors and glitches at certain games with certain browsers. For example, when I use MS Edge as my browser when playing Trizzle HD, the entire game board moves when I try to move the dolls. When I switch to Google Chrome, that problems doesn't exist.

If you use only one browser, try another one to see if it helps in cases like this. Google Chrome is a good alternative browser and it can be downloaded for free from the Google website.

Message 96 of 349 (1,083 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Player_6c676lfe.

Would you be able to cut and paste the results here for the Pogo Compatibility Tool? I'd love to see some of the details, like browser versions. It would help a lot with troubleshooting.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 97 of 349 (1,048 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree with so many of you  I hate this new system.   It is sad us old times will lose lots of friend whom we play with and gab.  Shame on you all.  So many live alone this way we reach out and touch someone.  Would you be so kind and let us have the old way.   POGO was god for us old timers. it help to keep our brains active and reach out and touch some one.   Money talks or else one will walk.   This is so sad.    I pray TO GOD   YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND.   THIS IS HURTING US OLD TIMERS.     GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND HOPE  YOU THINK SERIOUS ABOUT ALL OF US OLD TIMERS.  POGO WAS THE BEST THING FOR US.

Message 98 of 349 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Maxie2767I wish so too, but it's not gonna happen. The new Pogo site will be all that is left of the Pogo game.  For Classic Pogo that is about to die, We salute you!

Message 99 of 349 (988 Views)

★ Guide

I sent you what you wanted, got no response as of yet from you???

Message 100 of 349 (983 Views)