Re: Why does the daily Sudoku Challenge remain stuck at Dec 29, 2019?

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does the daily Sudoku Challenge remain stuck at Dec 29, 2019?

★★★ Newbie

After completing the puzzle and clicking continue, it will not advance to the next challenge.  Logging back in returns me to the same game with the last few remaining steps to complete again.  This happens over and over even on different browsers.

Message 1 of 7 (652 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @SyberKathynR and @cafedelon.

I took a look this morning and it appears to be resolved. I was able to get Friday, January 3rd as the immediate popup. This was on Edge in Pogo Early Access. Could you both give it a try and see if it brings up the correct date? Assuming there's no uncompleted puzzles it would divert to, of course. Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (618 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@SyberKathy, I don't have an answer on WHY the Pogo Daily Sudoku game is reverting back to an earlier date, but something similar is happening to me too when I tried it. For me I received a different screen but not the correct screen.  The game gave me the calendar page when I started the game instead of the normal screen which includes the game for today's date.  This is the last screen I used, so the game may be sending both of us back to the last screen we saw when we ended the last game played.

But I do have a suggestion for how you can manually advance it to today's date or whichever date you prefer IF you are able to bring up the calendar screen. See the screenshot below.  This is the screen the game is giving me, which is not the screen it should be given.  If you when you click on the continue button, you are able to find the option on the game to go to the Calendar, then you will be able to click on the right showed in the orange box and manually advance from December 2019 to January 2020.  From there you can click on today's date.  

pogo daily sudoku calendar page.png

This suggestion won't work for you if the game automatically returns to you the game of the date you last completed.  Something is not working properly with the Daily Sudoku game today and perhaps when the EA community manager reads this post tomorrow, she can bring it to the EA team for them to correct what is happening if possible.

For the benefit of the EA manager, I want to say that I cleared the cache of my MS Edge browser because I was thinking it was responsible for taking me back to an old game screen if the cache had been full.  However, I received the same results after the cache was cleared.  I used MS Edge as my browser, because I was having a different problem with the game using Google Chrome.  I will create a separate post on that issue.  

Message 2 of 7 (640 Views)

Hey there, @SyberKathynR and @cafedelon.

I took a look this morning and it appears to be resolved. I was able to get Friday, January 3rd as the immediate popup. This was on Edge in Pogo Early Access. Could you both give it a try and see if it brings up the correct date? Assuming there's no uncompleted puzzles it would divert to, of course. Standard smile

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 3 of 7 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@EA_Arrenai @SyberKathynR , Arrenai, you are correct that the Daily Sudoku game is working properly today, Friday Jan 3.  Instead of starting with an old screen from last previous game, it brings up the start screen for today's day.  The game works using both Google Chrome and MS Edge.  If EA did something to correct this problem (most likely) Thank you.  See the screen shot below.

pogo daily sudoku jan 3 2020.png

Message 4 of 7 (609 Views)

★ Novice

I am having that same problem here on May 17 2020, i finish game click continue and it freezes when i go out and back in I get same game with 5 or 6 boxes to fill in again, have had this happen on 2 browers on a pc and a laptop. so no doing daily challenge for me. I have finished the puzzle at least 6 times since midnight and still doing it at $.30 pm

Message 5 of 7 (536 Views)

Hey there, @woodward88030.

Let's check something out. One thing that helps record progress and shares that between the browser and the Pogo servers would be the website cookies. Do you have third-party cookies enabled on your browser, as well as Do Not Track disabled?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (508 Views)

Hey there, @woodward88030. I'm just checking in. Were you able to check your browser cookie status?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (478 Views)