Why am I not getting my tokens when I play the new HB games?!

by gigi2805

Original Post

Re: Why am I not getting my tokens when I play the new HB games?!

★★ Novice

It is what it is!! what a answer.  Please give me my tokens as a reward.  I'd hate to leave pogo, loved it for 10ish years, why all the changes, I sure didn't get a vote on any of them..

Message 31 of 38 (614 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't understand flash and java games, I just play the games for fun, and the chat of it, I can't afford to buy Gems if that what's going on. I don't care what my avatar look is.....

Message 32 of 38 (607 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Player_05d9c9kr.

Thank you for the feedback! I know a lot of people feel attached to their tokens, especially as a measure of their own progress in the games. Unfortunately, HTML5 / HD games will no longer offer tokens due to a new and upcoming reward system replacing it. Java and Flash games will continue to offer Pogo Tokens.

Tokens As many of you are aware, the current token system will be replaced with a new awards system. As stated in a May 2018 blog, I, and the rest of the Pogo team, know this is a point of contention for some of you. For those of you for whom tokens provide a way to project status and achievement over time, we hear you and we understand your aversion to losing this status. Tokens in the current Flash and Java games will remain and will not be removed. We thank you for your understanding. Stay tuned for more information about the upcoming system.

Source: Pogo Blog #94

Please keep an eye on the Pogo Insider Blog for updates on the new system coming to Pogo!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 33 of 38 (577 Views)

★ Novice

I am not getting tokens thjat I earn in the games I play.

Message 34 of 38 (545 Views)

@happyme1941

Unfortunately, HTML5 / HD games will no longer offer tokens due to a new and upcoming reward system replacing it. The new rewards are called "Pogis".

Good Luck,
~BB
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 35 of 38 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@happyme1941, The token reward system is going away at the Pogo website in the near future. The tokens are gradually being phased out by not giving them for winning HTML5/HD games. If you see that you do not have the token spin after winning an HTML5/HD game, this is the reason.

Tokens are still being given for winning Flash and the last remaining Java game (Battleship). That however will end on March 10, when all remaining Flash and Java games are removed from the Pogo site.

At the present time tokens are rewarded for completing the daily and Wednesday weekly challenges.

Sometime this year Pogo will end the Token reward system and start using the Pogis reward system. It hasn't been announced yet when that will start but most likely it will be after March of 2020.

Message 36 of 38 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I WANT MY TOKENS BACK PLEASE

OTHER WISE I WILL QUIT POGO PERIOD

i  DO BADGES AND DAILY AND NEVER GET CREDIT

SO PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY TOKENS

Message 37 of 38 (394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@alexis2543player, To the disappointment of you and many others, EA discontinued giving Pogo Tokens on Dec 1, 2020. I don't know why they couldn't have continued the Token reward system instead of replacing it with the Pogis reward system. Perhaps Tokens were created using Flash code instead of HTML5 HD but that would not have been difficult to convert them to HTML5 code. Perhaps also EA wanted to change Pogo into their own image and created Pogis instead of giving Tokens that AOL started for Pogo many years ago.  I don't know. I only had 25 million Tokens earned but others earned many more, and a few players even had over 1 billion tokens earned.

EA has a LOT to learn about how to keep the trust and loyalty of long time members at Pogo. You will have to ask EA why they decided to stop giving Tokens. I have never seen the answer given in writing and I doubt I ever will. 

You still have your tokens from the past. They are stored at the new Pogo pages under your account. To find your tokens, follow these steps.

1. Go to your account page at the New Pogo pages and click on the small avatar image in the upper right corner. You will then see a large image of your avatar with a drop down menu.
2. Click on the large image of your avatar and a new page will appear. Scroll down and find the link called "Classic Library".
3. Click on this link and you will see your lifetime tokens that you earned in the past. Your tokens are kept in this historical file as a record of how many you earned while Tokens were still given.

Message 38 of 38 (383 Views)