Re: WHY CAN'T i LOAD POGO GAMES ?????

by lucky206777Wk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WHY CAN'T i LOAD POGO GAMES ?????

★★★ Novice

Pogo won't load the games ! WHY ? This happens very often, sometimes says To many times, I pay once a year and when did pogo start COUNTING HOW MANY TIMES GAMES ARE PLAYED ?????

Message 1 of 8 (869 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @chevycathy1945 and @lucky206777Wk.

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time getting in. We did have a hiccup where the HTML5 games wouldn't load the other day, but that has been resolved. Are you still having difficulty loading games?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (792 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
@chevycathy1945 I can't loads any games plzhelp.ty
Message 2 of 8 (833 Views)

Hey there, @chevycathy1945 and @lucky206777Wk.

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time getting in. We did have a hiccup where the HTML5 games wouldn't load the other day, but that has been resolved. Are you still having difficulty loading games?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 3 of 8 (793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

POGO GAMES NOT LOADING

Message 4 of 8 (747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

POGO GAMES NOT LOADING.WHY?

Message 5 of 8 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@kindmedova565,

1. One of main causes for games not loading is that the cache (memory) of one's internet browser is becoming full and is unable to store new information. If this happens, the browser cannot fully load the games for you. The more full the browser cache becomes, the more often games won't load, or you might have a game freeze, or you might be kicked out of the game.

Have you cleared your browser's cache recently? It should be done fairly often at the Pogo website for the games to operate properly. If you need some guidance on how to clear the cache of your browser, see the information in the link below. Besides discussing the importance of clearing one's browser cache, it also provides guidance on how to do it for the major browsers, like Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo-Classic/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/78964...

2. Another reason why games may not load is that your browser may be a really old version. You or someone can check for you online for the latest version of the browser(s) you use by going to the browser's official website and then downloading and installing the most recent version if you have an older version.

3. Sometimes it also helps to try another browser in addition to the usual browser you use. Google Chrome is a good alternative browser to those installed on our computers, tablets and mobile phones. It can be downloaded and installed from the official Google website. Also, by switching to another browser, you start out with a cache that has a lot of free memory space available, so the first problem discussed above won't be an issue at first when using a new browser.

4. Another reason games may experience problems is if there are several open programs or apps running in the background, which takes up more RAM memory on your computer, tablet or mobile phone that is needed for the games here. This is different from browser cache memory. Both are important. Closing any programs running that are not needed, helps free up more RAM memory.

5. Finally, If you are having more problems loading the newer HTML5 HD games compared to the older Flash and Java games, you or someone can check to see if you have 4K of RAM memory or more on your computer, tablet or mobile phone.  4K RAM used to be okay in the past with the Flash and Java games, but the HTML5 HD games require more RAM memory,  and sometimes they can cause the games to run slowly or fail to load with only 4K of RAM.  If this is the main problem that is causing the HTML5 HD games not to load, it could mean adding more memory to your equipment or buying new equipment with 8K RAM or more. HOWEVER, I would not recommend this now. First try some of the guidance listed above or suggestions other may give you. The next time you need a new computer, tablet or mobile phone, think about buying one with 8K or RAM memory.

Sorry if this discussion has been too lengthy and technical.  I often fail to write briefly, and unfortunately some of the information is hard to understand at first. 

Message 6 of 8 (737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Two days ago, no problem! Aug 18, 2020 games wouldn't load, yesterday, no problem. Today, my games won't load! What is going on.

[CM Edit: Removed ALL CAPS to adhere to the Answers HQ rules.]

Message 7 of 8 (618 Views)

Hey there, @StarlaDeeVon.

We'll be happy to help. Have you tried the troubleshooting that @cafedelon recommended prior? If so, how did it go for you?

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (602 Views)