Re: Trying to play Hog Heaven Slots

by Mmy9872

Original Post

Trying to play Hog Heaven Slots

★ Novice

I played Hog Heaven Slots just fine 2 nights ago. When I tried to go in today to play it says I need to update my java. I have the current java running on my computer as I played just fine 2 days ago. Well I went and checked anyway and yes it said I do have the current form of java. They had me uninstall the older form of java though which I did. I also checked to make sure it was enabled and it is. I still can not go in to play. What is up with this. I shouldn't be having a problem playing and it is upsetting me cause I do pay 40 dollars every year and should not have to go through this. You should have your issues fixed for the people who come in every day to play. We spend our hard earned money to play your games not to have issues all the time that prevent us from playing the games we pay for to play.

Message 1 of 10 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Mmy9872 

Check to see that Java is not being blocked by either your Firewall or your Anti-Virus software. 

Could you also click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed results into a reply here?

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help.

http://systeminfocheck.appspot.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 10 (448 Views)

★ Novice

obviously they are not blocked because as of 2 nights before this I was playing on pogo and in Hog Heaven just fine. so no they are not blocked on my antivirus or firewall. I just uninstalled and did a clean install of java and am still having this issue. 

Browser = Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1366 x 768
OS = Windows 7
Flash version = 12.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_51

Message 3 of 10 (444 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If you have recently updated your Chrome, you may need to double check the security settings in it to make sure it allows Java to run.  Sometimes a browser update will reset some of the settings to default and you have to customize them again.

See if that works and if it doesn't let us know.

Message 4 of 10 (442 Views)

★★ Novice

I have not updated my chrome. But I did check to make sure my java was enabled in the plugins area and it is enabled. As i stated in my first email. I played just fine 2 days prior. I didnt play for a couple days because I was working. I didn't go on till that day that I tried and ended up having an issue.

Message 5 of 10 (436 Views)

★★ Novice

Is anyone going to respond to my problem. I have updated my answer to the previous response and haven't received a reply. Would like my issue fixed since I can only play games that are not supported by Java and one of the badges for this week you need Java for. I had to have one of my friends who isn't having this issue get my badge for me because I would like to complete a badge album.

Message 6 of 10 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)
@mmy9872 
@mmy9872 wrote:

obviously they are not blocked because as of 2 nights before this I was playing on pogo and in Hog Heaven just fine. so no they are not blocked on my antivirus or firewall. I just uninstalled and did a clean install of java and am still having this issue. 

Browser = Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1366 x 768
OS = Windows 7
Flash version = 12.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_51

Anti-virus software can update automatically without you necessarily being aware of it, so please check again that neither your anti-virus nor your Firewall are blocking Java.

Also, do You have any ad blocker programs such as Ghostery or AdBlock? If so, they can interfere with the games.

Add-ons that block scripting, cookies, and ads can also block flash content. Disabling them sometimes helps. Also, maybe they worked with Chrome at an earlier version but it could be interfering with the latest version of Chrome. See if you can list Pogo as an exception in the ad block program.

Finally, please try clearing your browser cache AND java cache to see if that helps. You can find information on how to do this depending on your browser in this link: 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-browsers-cache/

Afterwards, please reboot your computer and then sign back in to Club Pogo to see if the games now load and display correctly. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 7 of 10 (424 Views)

★★ Novice

I did check in my firewall and anti virus program and NO they are not blocked. I do not have any ad blocker installed on my computer if I did i wouldn't have played 2 days before this started happening. Because as I stated I WAS NOT on my computer for 2 days so they WERE NOT INSTALLED in the 2 days between me using my computer. I have cleared my cash and am still having an issue but as of last night have found it is only Hog Heaven that I am experiencing this. I tried going into Boggle Bash (another Java run game) and I am able to enter in there. So I have narrowed it down to Hog Heaven that you need to fix.

Message 8 of 10 (417 Views)

★★ Novice

Hope someone responds soon. I also would like to inform you that it isn't just on the Chrome that I am having this problem. I tried playing with Internet Explorer and it does the same thing. I would really like to get this fixed. By the way what are some of the other Java run games so I can check to see if I am able to play any of them.

Message 9 of 10 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

I would really like to know if you are going to fix this problem. As I have stated it is ONLY in Hog Heaven that this problem is occurring. I am able to get into the other JAVA run games.So obviously it is not my computer that has the problem but somewhere on your end. Was able to play Canasta this week for the badge. I just recently purchased the Hog Heaven Badge album that is of no use to me know since you won't fix this problem or even get back to me on what is being done. I have been a loyal Club Pogo member for about 8 or 9 years now and it is stupid that I haven't received a reply from you since I believe March 31st. I have replied to your last message on the 1st then I sent another yesterday and still no response and am sending another today.

Message 10 of 10 (399 Views)