Re: Subscription Cancellation

by cafedelon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Subscription Cancellation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm about to pull my hair out and need some help here.

I'm trying to get into my account info, but the website won't let me without putting in my password. I don't know my password, as I've had this account for years. I log in through facebook. I can't get into my account settings, and I can't reset my password as I don't have access to the email I used to sign up.

I've tried going through Contact us, but the website won't let me submit a ticket, and everytime I ask for a call nobody ever calls me.

I talked to someone last month who said they were closing the account, and looky here, account is still open and I'm still getting charged.

[Do not post in all CAPS. There is no need to SHOUT - CM]  I'm sick of being charged for something that was supposed to be closed that I have no access to.

Message 1 of 9 (1,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@x0narcissa Unfortuanlty we are unable to deal with issues relating to accounts and billing. You will need to contact our phone or chat support, please go here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select your platform

Manage my Account'
Can't log in
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,540 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@x0narcissa Unfortuanlty we are unable to deal with issues relating to accounts and billing. You will need to contact our phone or chat support, please go here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select your platform

Manage my Account'
Can't log in
Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I want to cancel my subscription as soon as possible.
Message 3 of 9 (870 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Arthur L. Dolaway I want to cancel my subscription now.
Message 4 of 9 (867 Views)

★★★ Newbie
im having a very similar prob,as since the change over from using a pogo pass word to get in2 the games,,im now asked to use my e/mail ,but as I have more then 1 s/n on this acct ,im prevented from trying to get into 1 of my s/ns to cancel subscription,which is about to expire,,so it seems im also going 2 be charged for a s/n im unable 2 use, and unable to cancel,,as ive tried going to contact us,,and seemed I pulled out the joker card on that site,,,,very little info was given to sub users as to the procedures to follow before the change over became valid,or I would have cancelled the s/n I can no longer use,,im also asking myself how many others have got caught up in the same situation?,,right across the board,,and like myself,,forced to remove my pogo icon from my widow,,to avoid making further payments of unused s/ns,,or unless e/a games goes bk to the drawing board allowing plyrs to access and cancel their accts
Message 5 of 9 (829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will be soon going into a nursing home and I will not have a computer. So cancel my account.

Message 6 of 9 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@aussiekev28, Listen very carefully so you are not charged for another paid membership when yours expires.

First, EA usually does not close or cancel accounts. An account may remain inactive from not being used, but its rare that one is deleted or shut off.  The reason is that some people later change their minds and want their account back. 

Second, EA does not cancel your paid membership. You have to do that. And if you do not do that, you will receive a charge on your credit card when it is time to be renewed, because the memberships auto-renew on the date of expiration. Below is a link to information on how to cancel your Pogo subscription.  You will be able to continue as a paying member until the date your subscription expires if you cancel your subscription now.  I know that because I cancelled mine in the past before the expiration date.  

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/cancelling-your-pogo-subscription/

If you have difficulty understanding the instructions in the link above on how to cancel your Pogo subscription ask a relative or friend to read the instructions and help you do it for you.  

Also, there is one more step you can take to prevent your credit card from being charged for another Pogo subscription.  You can go into your Account and remove your credit card number that is stored there.  To do this, start by going to the Classic Pogo page and click on "My Account" at the top of the screen.  Then when on the next page, click on "Billing and Subscription" .  When on that page, click on "My Pogo Club Subscription".  Search around here for your credit card number that is saved there and delete the credit card number.  Then be sure to save your changes by clicking on the submit or save button.  Without a credit card listed, there is no way your credit card can be automatically billed for another membership.  I did that too when I cancelled my subscription. 

Message 7 of 9 (588 Views)

★ Novice
@x0narcissa I do not want to renew my subscription Please do not take money from my bank account
Message 8 of 9 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Kaioobi, Listen very carefully. YOU must cancel your paid subscription. If YOU do not, it WILL automatically renew if you paid by credit card before, and you WILL be charged for another subscription UNLESS you paid by a pre-paid Pogo card which does not auto renew.

For guidance on how to cancel your subscription, click on the link below and follow the instructions.  If you don't understand the instructions provided, ask a family member or friend to help you.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pogo/pogo/cancelling-your-pogo-subscription/

To repeat, the Pogo website will not cancel your subscription for you even if you ask, like you are doing here.

Message 9 of 9 (459 Views)