Re: Still being billed for cancelled account

by MLadyD7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Still being billed for cancelled account

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I cancelled my account  December 1.  Here is the email message confirming the cancellation:

Dear Cookiejarbuff,
This email confirms that you have chosen to cancel your Club Pogo subscription effective immediately. We're sorry to see you go!
Remember that your badges, Premium Badge Albums and other great Club Pogo features are available if you choose to reactivate your membership. Click here to reactivate your membership.
Click here to update your account information at anytime.
Have a question? Click here to link to our Help pages.
Sincerely,
The Club Pogo Team

Today, December 30th,  there is a item on  my checking account as pending payment for Pogo.

Pending

Misc. Debit

POS DEBIT CS.POGO.COM POGO REDWOOD CITY CA 

$7.55  

I have an email from POGO dated December 29 Welcoming me to the Download Game Center

Dear Cookiejarbuff,
Thanks for being a plan member at The Pogo™ Download Game Center! Your monthly plan is set to renew again next month*.
As a Pogo SuperSaver Plan member, your game credit has been applied to your account.
Account Activity:
Billed: $6.99
Membership: SuperSaver
To access your updated account information, please log into your account at http://www.pogo.com.
Customer Support:
For questions and help, please contact our customer service department at
http://downloadgames.pogo.com/customersupport
Thank you and enjoy playing your favorite games!
The Pogo™ Download Games Team
http://downloadgames.pogo.com

Let me make myself clear. I have cancelled my POGO account. This means I no longer want to be a part of POGO and do not wish to pay POGO any longer.  Stop any pending transactions and CANCEL my accounts…. All of them please. 

[edited: removed email address]

Betty Martin

Message 1 of 7 (1,110 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Cookiejarbuff,

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to help on the forum as we do not have access to your account details.

I would suggest that you contact our support team directly to get this resolved.

If you click on the following link this will take you directly to the Origin contact page: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Sign in with your Pogo username and Password (Click on Login in the top right hand corner), you’ll then be prompted for ‘Product’ (enter Pogo) and then for ‘Category’ (select ‘Billing/Purchasing’ from the drop-down list), finally below a list of articles, you can select ‘Step 2: Choose a Contact Method’.

There is no phone number for support but you will be able to send an email.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,097 Views)

All Replies

Hello Cookiejarbuff,

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to help on the forum as we do not have access to your account details.

I would suggest that you contact our support team directly to get this resolved.

If you click on the following link this will take you directly to the Origin contact page: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Sign in with your Pogo username and Password (Click on Login in the top right hand corner), you’ll then be prompted for ‘Product’ (enter Pogo) and then for ‘Category’ (select ‘Billing/Purchasing’ from the drop-down list), finally below a list of articles, you can select ‘Step 2: Choose a Contact Method’.

There is no phone number for support but you will be able to send an email.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 7 (1,098 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My e-mail address is [edit: email address removed]. Once again you are billing my Visa account. This matter was resolved last year, with your mistake. You were billing me with the incorrect birth date, therefore you were billing the wrong person. I am again requesting that you cancel my account and not use it again!

Please email me with confirmation of my cancellation.

Message 3 of 7 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This is the AHQ where game players help game players, we can't do anything about your account, the post above yours explains how to contact Customer Service, which is what you'll need to do, if you have taken your Credit Card info out & Cancelled your subscription, CLICK HERE for DETAILS: How to cancel your Club Pogo subscription|EA Help

You will not get emails to acknowledge posts here.  That's not how forums work.  You won't get notice of an answer, unless you set a subscription flag in your thread. 

I will repost the steps (step by step) for you to contact Customer Service for your convenience:

Follow these steps

1.  Click the link https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask
2. Where it says, What Can We Help you With,  type in pogo
3. Click Find Solutions
4.  Select " Account Management"
5.  Click: Find Solutions
6.  On the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help

The Window Will Open...

You'll see the Blue, Live Chat (available for Club Pogo Members)...

Scroll down a tad further, you'll see the Black, Email me..

Message 4 of 7 (927 Views)

@friendlyjodi321,

I'd also recommend removing your credit card details from your account.

If you entered your credit card details on your account then you in fact set up an automatically renewing subscription. See this excerpt from the Club Pogo billing and subscription page: 

Automatic Recurring Billing Process:

By updating your credit card on file you authorize EA to automatically charge the then-current renewal subscription fee (plus any applicable taxes) to your credit or debit card without any additional action by you prior to the expiration of your product subscription. Your subscription will continue to automatically renew until cancelled. You may cancel the automatic renewal service at any time by contacting customer support. To cancel your subscription, please sign into the My Account section of your Pogo account.

If you remove your credit card details then this won't happen in the future.

Message 5 of 7 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How do I get in touch with someone to cancell my Pogo account.?  I am being billed for something frtom Pogo on my Discover account, and I do not want it.  Please contact me about this.  Shirley Barrand at [edit: email address removed]  or *edited by admin to remove personal details.  I am have much trouble contacting you. Please contact me.  Thank you in advance-            Shirley Barrand

Message 6 of 7 (770 Views)

@blue6874 

Please remember that this is a public forum, so it's never a good idea to post personal information here.

I've edited your post to remove the phone number you left.

For all account and billing queries, please contact customer support directly by following these steps:

1. Click the link http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=pogo&platform=pogo and sign in with your Pogo name and password.

2. Where it says: ’Select a topic’ choose ‘Billing/Purchasing’ from the drop-down list 

3. Click underneath the heading:  ‘Tell us a little more about your issue’ and enter ‘Pogo’

4. Click the orange ‘Next’ button

5. Depending on your geographical location and the time of day, you may see the Live Chat option, directly 
under that you'll see the Email me button. Please be aware that Live Chat is available for Club Pogo members only.

*Note that some players may have issues when using some versions of Internet Explorer. If this is the case, please use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome, or install the Chrome Frame addon.*  

Message 7 of 7 (756 Views)