STOP CHANGING THE GAMES TO HD FORMAT

by GGJoe868

Original Post

Re: STOP CHANGING THE GAMES TO HD FORMAT

★★★ Apprentice
STILL NOT WORKING . I GET TO THE END, WITH A 3X AND IT WILL NOT MOVE TO THE NEXT BOX . WILL YOU HELP , THANK TOU .
Message 21 of 47 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mahjong Safari was changed to HD format and it is no longer fun.

The tiles look worse and the game worked better when it first came out. PLEASE let us access the OLD versions of the game AS WELL AS HD. Let us play BOTH and CHOOSE which game we like best. Don't force people to play the 'hd' games if they don't want to. I am paying subscriber who has fun with my normal games. I want to continue paying for games but I won't if you take away my classic games.

Message 22 of 47 (718 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @BrhildarE,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the HD games. While it seems like it would be easier to keep our current Java and Flash games how they are, because the developers of Java and Flash are ceasing support of the code formats and will remove the option of downloading them, Pogo has to update their games so they don't disappear.

Flash Source: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Java Source: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/java-se-support-roadmap.html

To make sure that Pogo will still have your favorite games, they're being updated to HTML5 / HD.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Message 23 of 47 (685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We really miss backgammon and thought about dropping my paid subscription...but I stayed. Now you’ve changed Poppit(can’t earn points on the new HD) and the new game doesn’t flow as before. The first class solitaire is now HD and is terrible to play. Congrats pogo! I will resign my paid subscription at the next cycle. 

Message 24 of 47 (663 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with all below.

Message 25 of 47 (635 Views)

★★★ Novice

in what way do you think that helped?  Games are slow keep freezing  .  Do something to make the new format work.

Message 26 of 47 (617 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @benjibird8,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues loading the HTML5 games. Please give the HTML5 / HD troubleshooting steps a try and let me know how it goes: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo-Game-Questions-Technical/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108/thre...

I look forward to hearing from you.

Arrenai Cat

Message 27 of 47 (592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally AGREE!!!  I have been with POGO for a long time and have loved all their games. The ""NEW HD"" games are absolutely HORRIBLE!!  They are slow and seem to cater to those of an I.Q. below 65.  They have RUINED all my favorite games and I have just cancelled my subscription for the coming year.  I don't know where they got this idea, but it is not a good one.  When my subscription is up, I am outta here!  I can play better FREE games elsewhere!

Message 28 of 47 (563 Views)

★★★ Newbie
TOTAL BS!!! AND FLYING SAUCERS DON'T EXIST. POGO DOES NOT HAVE TO GO RETROGRADE AND GIVE US REALLY STUPID GRAPHICS AND SOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOW GAMES! WHO DO YOU THINK IS PAYING THE SUBS??? SO NOW DO I HAVE TO BUY A NEW PC???? bs bs bs YOU WON'T PRINT THIS BECAUSE I'M RIGHT. Kwerk
Message 29 of 47 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I agree totally!  EA has formatted many games to HD and they are no longer fund to play. Very slow loading, promo's to join Club Pogo is very disruptive and tacky, the format is terrible.  Have to find another game site.  Anyone know of one.

I've been with Pogo for many, many years.  I'm a low income Senior and can't afford the price of Club Pogo as my income is extremely low.

Now this has been taken away also.

Message 30 of 47 (542 Views)