Re: STOP CHANGING THE GAMES TO HD FORMAT

by popwalter

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Kwerk77 and @laste8.

If you are experiencing slow-down while playing the games, please give the HTML5 / HD troubleshooting steps a try and let me know how it goes: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/HTML5-games-troubleshooting/m-p/5761108/thread-id/158506

Running the troubleshooting steps can do a lot to help improve performance of the HTML5 games.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 31 of 47 (642 Views)

★ Expert

The reason the Pogo website is creating more HD games is because companies like Adobe and Oracle have announced that by the end of 2020 they will no longer support their Flash and Java platforms used by many online games.  Flash and Java games have been around for years but they are vulnerable to hacks, viruses and other security issues.  The computing industry has created a some new platforms for games, and the most accepted so far is the HTML5 platform.  EA has decided to phase out the Flash and Java games over time in anticipation of the ultimate end of these platforms next year.  In their place, they are adding more HTML5 games which are identified as HD games.  

One thing that is different about the Pogo website from some other game sites is that it includes games from several creators, so the games are not all created by EA.  That means they do not have full control to modify and upgrade all the games.   Instead we as players are asked to do troubleshooting when games don't perform properly using the suggestions and guidance that is offered to help us.  I know it sucks that we are being asked to be computer technicians, especially when if we don't understand much about computers and just want to play the games. I have looked around for other websites that offer a variety of online games, and so far Pogo seems to offer the most, despite all the problems and frustrations that come along with the games.  

I am not an EA employee.  I'm just a person who plays games here and sees a need to help out now and then at the Answers HQ, because I see the frustration players have here. 

One more comment.... please clear your browser's cache regularly, meaning OFTEN.  I do it almost daily as preventative maintenance to allow the games to run smoother.  Below is a link on the importance of clearing one's browser cache and how to do it for the major browsers.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416/highl...

Message 32 of 47 (640 Views)

★★ Novice
A lot of games I quit playing......I'm really thinking hard on whether I want to spend the money to renew my membership.........
Message 33 of 47 (617 Views)

★ Novice

I rejoined and wish I never. Not liking the new look. Used to have pogo for years 

Message 34 of 47 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so will i look pogo listen to your paid subscribers thats been on here since club pogo first started i been subscribed  for club member since i was 7 years old now im 38  i also will not be renewing my club subscription once you change to your new formatt i do not like the new formatt quite franqley the new games and the new formatt sucks everything about pogo now sucks i will not be back

Message 35 of 47 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

delete pogo because nobody will  pay to  play u will lose all your club pogo members

Message 36 of 47 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

tip go to www.safeharbor games they have some games pogo use to have spades,canasta,yahtzee  gin  etc and they are adding more in future

Message 37 of 47 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

i know one  u have a choice there of being free member or be a paid member for 1 member ship fee of  25.00 tvs pogo 49.99 which pogo is also rasing the prices once the new formatt begins and also safe harbor has canasta,spades,yahtzee,gin,etc games that pogo took away and in future they are adding lottso dcr etc that most like that pogo use to offer oh and backgammon will be on the gaming list soon on there also so i would change to safe harbor games lokk at it this way pogo sucks now games suck pogo sucks everything about pogo sucks now even the freakin prices sucks to high priced for these stupid hd games not worth it paying for which said my subscription is up by end of january and i am cancelling and i been playing on safe harbor games they are the best past 5 i been playing safeharbor games and when i first started they only had canasta then i i said intresting then now they have more and also adding more in future so go there u will love it i do [removed]

[CM Edit: Removed unsafe website link, masked profanity, and rude commentary to adhere to the Answers HQ rules.]

Message 38 of 47 (525 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @popwalter.

I am sorry you feel that way. Rest assured that there are no plans to increase the price of Club Pogo from 39.99/year.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 39 of 47 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Is there more game sites around?

Edited to remove all caps.

Message 40 of 47 (451 Views)