Re: STILL BEING CHARGED MONTHLY WHEN IT SHOULD'VE BEEN CANCELLED?!?!?!?

by cafedelon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

STILL BEING CHARGED MONTHLY WHEN IT SHOULD'VE BEEN CANCELLED?!?!?!?

★★★ Newbie

I AM FUMMING!!!

Just tried to log in into Origin EA which was giving me and error so I went online and logged into my origin account online which I looked at my order history just to find out that I am still being charged monthly £14,99. Worst thing is when I was trying to install Sims 4 on my MAC I realised that my subscription doesn't work on MAC unless you buy the game outright so I got in contact with Origin EA team and asked for a refund and cancelation of my monthly subscription which I was told that it was cancelled and I was entitled to a refund, which they did. Now to find out that you have refunded me one time and carried on charging me monthly after I WAS ASSURED the subscription was cancelled it's really poor service from such a big company like you. I want a refund of the money that I wasn't supposed to be charged since the Subscription was cancelled has I have no used to it. EVERY TIME I TRY AND CANCEL IT NOW IT JUST CLOSED THE PAGE!!!!! 

Message 1 of 5 (1,659 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert
@inesdenoronha93 WOW! I would be fuming too if that happened to me. I'm not an EA employee just so you know that. It's important to document the problem you are having here for the record. But you'll probably want to talk to EA again about being charged for a monthly fee after your subscription was cancelled.

I don't know if you are referring to a Club Pogo subscription or another EA game subscription. But either way the instructions I will give below will let you talk to the appropriate person for your issue. You can talk to an EA adviser any time of day through online chat or phone call back. Use the instructions below to do that if you would like to try this option.

1. Go to https://help.ea.com
2. Click on "Contact Us" at top of page
3. Select Pogo OR Select the name of the game IF your are referring to a different subscription
4. Select Platform (PC, Mac, etc)
5. Select Topic (Manage my account)
6. Select Issue (Manage payment details)
7. Click on blue Select Contact option
8. On the next page called Case Information, decide if you want a phone call back or online chat.
9. If you want a phone call back, complete the requested information under the heading called "Get a call", then click on the Request Call button.
10. If you want online chat, click on where it says "Chat", enter a brief description of your issue in the "Subject" box, and then click on the "Request live chat" button.
11. If the estimated wait time is not reasonable to you, try again later.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,632 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
@inesdenoronha93 WOW! I would be fuming too if that happened to me. I'm not an EA employee just so you know that. It's important to document the problem you are having here for the record. But you'll probably want to talk to EA again about being charged for a monthly fee after your subscription was cancelled.

I don't know if you are referring to a Club Pogo subscription or another EA game subscription. But either way the instructions I will give below will let you talk to the appropriate person for your issue. You can talk to an EA adviser any time of day through online chat or phone call back. Use the instructions below to do that if you would like to try this option.

1. Go to https://help.ea.com
2. Click on "Contact Us" at top of page
3. Select Pogo OR Select the name of the game IF your are referring to a different subscription
4. Select Platform (PC, Mac, etc)
5. Select Topic (Manage my account)
6. Select Issue (Manage payment details)
7. Click on blue Select Contact option
8. On the next page called Case Information, decide if you want a phone call back or online chat.
9. If you want a phone call back, complete the requested information under the heading called "Get a call", then click on the Request Call button.
10. If you want online chat, click on where it says "Chat", enter a brief description of your issue in the "Subject" box, and then click on the "Request live chat" button.
11. If the estimated wait time is not reasonable to you, try again later.
Message 2 of 5 (1,633 Views)

@inesdenoronha93 Have you removed your payment information from your account??? I would advise that you do, if you have not.
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@inesdenoronha93, BurghBaby is correct in responding to your post. It would be good to remove your credit card information from your account so you are not charged for another subscription which automatically renews at the end of the expiration date.   To do this, start by going to the Classic Pogo page and click on "My Account" at the top of the screen.  Then when on the next page, click on "Billing and Subscription" .  When on that page, click on "My Pogo Club Subscription".  Search around here for your credit card number that is saved there and delete the credit card number.  Then be sure to save your changes by clicking on the submit or save button.  Without a credit card listed, there is no way your credit card can be automatically billed for another membership.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 5 (1,612 Views)

@inesdenoronha93 Checking to see if you have resolved this issue... Please let us know...
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (1,593 Views)