Re: Regularly can't load games.

by robertemmett

Original Post

Regularly can't load games.

★★★ Newbie

I am getting tired of notbeing able to laod games.  Today it is Battleship.  A couple of days ago it was Aces Up.  Don't know the problem but I have no difficulty with any other site.  Ready to say good-bye to Pogo - this is just not performance!

Message 1 of 6 (186 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@consult1010 

Can you describe exactly what is happening? Do you get an error message? Does the game start to load, but never seems to finish loading? Does the game start to load, but the game window turns pale yellow/white/black?

Could you also click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed browser and system information into a reply here?

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help: http://news.pogo.com/pogo-troubleshooter/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 6 (181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Browser = Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = null
Resolution = 1366 x 768
OS = Windows 8.1
Flash version = 16.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_71

The game starts to load but then freezes.  I sometimes can leave the game but sometimes have to close to Pogo site because it is frozen. Sometimes it appears to be loading but doesn't complete and sometimes it just stops partway through.  Sometimes I get a messgage saying it isn't loading and I can 'wait' or 'kill' the page.

Thanks for following up

Message 3 of 6 (172 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@consult1010 

Re: Unable to connect to server
Post by ccboots56 » May 1st, 2014, 8:31 pm

your problem may be with your router or modem.
try unplugging them for a few minutes and see if
that helps.
if they are old and you been using for several
years, maybe it is time to get new ones.
just a suggestion.

you can also check with your internet service provider,
see if they are having problems.

it may also be helpful to add your anti-virus program and internet connection.

Message 4 of 6 (165 Views)

★ Novice

Make sure JAVA is current.  If you are you using AOL, try Google Chrome.  

Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@consult1010 

You could also try the suggestions in the marked solution in this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Loading-Issue-with-Flash-Games/m-p/2763964#M55176

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)