REINSTALLING POPCAP GAMES

by casrhinos

Original Post

REINSTALLING POPCAP GAMES

★★★ Newbie

On 13th January 2014 I received the email below from POGO regarding previously purchased POPCAP games which wouldn't load and the solution worked then.

However, I have now tried to reinstall these games on a new machine using the URL given in the original email and this goes to the games installation but when I try to acrtivate them I can't and only get a trial version!

I don't suppose anyone from POGO reads these posts but I was wondering if anyone has an email address for their customer support as I don't want to spend hours on a live chat.

My email yesterday sent to the sending address of the original email has been returned undelivered!

Cheers

Casrhinos

ORIGINAL EMAIL

A Solution To Your Inquiry Has Been Suggested.

Thank you for contacting us.

We have processed an internal transaction for you to download and install the following game(s).  Please save and/or print this email for your records.

Game Title:Amazing Adventures Around the World  

Game Title:Amazing Adventures The Caribbean Secret 

Game Title:Amazing Adventures The Forgotten Dynasty

Game Title:Bejeweled 2

Game Title: Chuzzle

Game Title:Escape Rosecliff Island

Game Title:Escape The Emerald Star

Game Title:Escape Whisper Valley

Game Title :Hidden Identity - Chicago Blackout

Game Title:Mystery P.I. - New York Fortune

Game Title:Mystery P.I. - The London Caper

Game Title:Mystery P.I. - The Lottery Ticket

Game Title:Mystery P.I. - The Vegas Heist

Game Title:Peggle

Game Title:Vacation Quest - Australia

Game Title:Vacation Quest - The Hawaiian Islands

Game Title:Zuma

Please note that after the game has installed, you will use your email address for activating the game, but the order generated will not surface in your purchased transactions in your account page, should you have one with Pogo.  Your support ticket number will serve as your reference number for this transaction. 

Obtaining this complimentary download is easy. The following article uses "Peggle" as the example, but the information applies to nearly every PopCap game title available via the Pogo Download Game Center.

You can install the game on your computer by clicking on the Game Installation URL included in this article. A window will open up asking you if you would like to 'save this file.' Click on 'Save File.' (You may then see a prompt for 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer. Click 'Yes' if this window pops up.)

Once the setup runs, you will see the following window. Click on 'I Agree.'

Next you will be prompted to chose a location to save the Games Manager needed to run the game. Click 'Install' to proceed.

The Pogo Game Manager should now open giving you the time remaining status for your game to complete download.

When the download finishes you will see a prompt to install a toolbar which you can select which options to install, then click 'Next.'

You will then receive a prompt to 'Play Now!' Go ahead and 'Play Now!'

Either way you will need to complete the activation process.  If the game starts, exit from within that game's exit menu (don't close the window manually). Once you've exited the game you will see the introduction screen shown below with a message in the upper right hand corner stating 'Already paid for this game?' Click the 'Activate' link next to it.

A box will appear for you to enter your email address as shown below. It is important to correctly enter your email address as this will serve as your activation code.

If you have any firewall software installed on your computer that blocks our software, you will need to alter the settings to allow our game access through it to complete the activation sequence. If the game cannot connect to the Internet you will not be able to unlock the full game.

You should be ready to enjoy your game!

Message 1 of 8 (4,026 Views)

Re: REINSTALLING POPCAP GAMES

Hero (Retired)

Hi, the forum you posted this in is specifically for Plants VS Zombies 2, so I'm moving your post to the POGO forum.  Perhaps someone can help you there.

Message 2 of 8 (4,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I to had issues installing all my Paid for Popcap games

I had to get all my order # from Popcap to start with

then

I was able to install the first one But Once my Virus software removed all of the extra stuff iWin added to my games

the popcap game would Not work right at all I tried one more time and ended up with Your issue

Message 3 of 8 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks very much for your help - these particular support sites are so confusing - I can't understand why they can't just have a support email address!!

Cheers

Message 4 of 8 (3,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Worst thing POPCAP did was selling out to these shysters!

I've got all my Order Numbers and the relevant links to the "revised " support ticket but there's no email address to send to!!

Message 5 of 8 (3,989 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @casrhinos,

Sorry to hear that you have run into issues with your downloaded games.

To submit a ticket for issues with Pogo Download games, you would need to submit a ticket with iWin - Pogo's partner who runs the download features. You can submit a ticket on the following page: https://iwinpartnersites.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Let us know how you if you run into any issues with this.
- Kristi

Message 6 of 8 (3,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi can you please put my games back in/ ? i don't know how  many, do I need to send you a list of them ?

Thank You   Please answer soon      My daughter got me some to

[edit: email address removed]

Message 7 of 8 (2,059 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone!

This thread has gotten pretty old, I will be locking this thread from new replies to prevent necroposting as some of the information in this thread is no longer correct.

The ability to purchase/download games from Pogo has since been removed, iWin have their own site and system that has since been created once they were removed from the Pogo site (prior to the new HTML 5 updates). For assistance with an iWin product please reach out to their support: 

https://iwinpartnersites.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (2,009 Views)