Re: Quinn's Aquarium

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
game takes forever to load some cases never loads at the end freezes and cannot continue playing
Message 61 of 73 (839 Views)

★ Expert

I've played at game sites where power ups (or whatever the other sites call them) are part of the process at improving chances of winning, and I've played at games where they are not used.  It's generally accepted that people don't like paying extra during the games if they have a paid membership. Sometimes sites will charge extra during games to help keep the cost of membership down, so that people don't leave. 

Quinn's Aquarium is one of the few games here where it is difficult to win a game without the use of power ups. For people who are willing to pay a little more for with power ups to play this game, its a nice game because it has a story that goes along with the game. That makes it more interesting.  Perhaps the extra cost of the power ups is worth it for that reason.  For those who don't want to use power ups in their games or who cannot afford them, then this game is one to avoid or not play often.  I hope one day, the chances of winning games at Quinn's Aquarium without power ups is changed to make it easier to win without them.  Jolly Bear is the creator of this game.  They would have to agree to revising the game to do that.  Until that time, the game is still available if we want to play it using power ups.

Message 62 of 73 (827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I was Quinns Aquarium the game kept freezing used freezing up & having a black screen I would have to start the game several times to try for the badge.

Message 63 of 73 (807 Views)

★ Expert

Sarahcarol83,  read the information I've provided previously in the 2 posts below on the topics of game loading problems (Quinn's Aquarium and others) and clearing browser cache.  Having a black screen when starting a game could be caused by different reasons, including "hardware acceleration" in one's computer or a browser's cache becoming full and needing to be cleared out.  Since black screens often happen when a game is started, it is often related to a failed game loading attempt. 

The first post started by another player is about Quinn's Aquarium screen going black, and you can find my comments at the very end (the last comment).  The second post was created by me to discuss the importance of clearing one's browser cache, because it can lead to failure to load games with or without black screens.  None of this information is new.  Black screens and loading problems occur to many people here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Quinn-s-Aquarium-screen-goes-to-black-with-loading/m-p/7898700#M18703...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416/highl...

Message 64 of 73 (796 Views)

★ Novice
@0070032 i've been trying for three days to get credit for getting 6 shells and when I do get them no credit for them
Message 65 of 73 (754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@0070032 IVE BEEN PLAYING QUINNS, AND WHEN I WENT TO START ANOTHER GAME , IT WAS BLANK . NO GAME SHOWED UP , PLEASE HELP , THANK YOU .
Message 66 of 73 (744 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @lf217.

I took a look and didn't see a challenge active on your account that requires 6 shells in Quinn's Aquarium Mahjong. Is this a challenge you're working on, or something else? I'll be happy to take a look.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 67 of 73 (739 Views)

★★ Novice
I agree can not win this cabbie11game.
Message 68 of 73 (718 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @cabbie11.

What part of Quinn's Aquarium are you stuck at? Is it a specific level, or is it a badge challenge you're working on?

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 69 of 73 (699 Views)

★ Apprentice

My game will not advance--this has been broken for months. Please fix the problem.

Message 70 of 73 (589 Views)