Pogo Flash/Java Games and Features Retirement Discussion

by Pogo_Llama

Original Post

Re: Pogo Retirement Discussion

★★★★ Novice

I,m also one that not going to renew along I bet with thousands more to do the same 

Message 31 of 1,272 (4,400 Views)

Re: Pogo Flash/Java Games and Features Retirement Discussion

★★★ Newbie

Since you have decided to take all the games I play away, I will not be renewing my membership. And I am not the only one by far. All that is left to play is kiddie games. I loved pogo before y'all bought it and started making all these changes. Have you ever heard the phrase, if it's not broke then don't fix it. All it seems like y'all are after is what you can sell us. Just like not being to progress to another level without spending gems. I bought my gems to spend in the mini mall, which of course y'all have messed that up too! You should have to reimburse the ones that are not renewing their membership, for what they have spent on gems. And I don't believe for one minute it's it's because of technology! Tell that to somebody else, that might believe it!!!!!!! This is NOT the pogo I signed up for! 

Message 32 of 1,272 (4,387 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Fiddlegal241 I am not paid up for a few more months but I too will be leaving pogo. The games that I love playing will no longer be available and the social aspect is gone.
Message 33 of 1,272 (4,389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree with everyone's remarks.  Have been a pogo member since pogo began on AOL. Hundreds of games now being retired because they

were run by java/flash.  So far they have only converted about 40 to HTML5 which unfortunatley are my least favorite games. I can safely say that I loved

most all the games we lost, and don't like they ones you kept. Out of the 40 there are about 12 that I can maybe like once in awhile. Also, the new format

is very childish and babyish. Surprising since most of your clientelle are adults. So my question is this, is it worth it to PAY for Pogo when you don't really like 

the games anymore?  Or should pogo lower the price until they get most of the games back?  Will they get most of the games back? They have not offered

much information to all their long time customers.

Message 34 of 1,272 (4,385 Views)

★★ Apprentice

THANK YOU! I have been saying the same thing for the last several months!

Message 35 of 1,272 (4,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Im sorry, but I have to defend pogo just a bit.  They have been changing over the games for the last couple of years to the new html.  Its not pogo's fault that java and flash are being ended as a format.  It was the only few formats the game websites could use.  To code/program games is very time consuming, and added with getting all the glitches, bugs etc. Out before launching is better than launching one and having all the players complain, not loading, freezing etc.  I was a adm. And host for a league that did tours in fortune bingo for more than 10 years.  The league fell when pogo ended that one.  Very sad very unfortunate.  We as members.\/players do not know whats going on behind the scenes, and pogo is not going to tell us anything that might get our hopes up and then disappoint us again.  Speaking just for me, im being patient, keeping open mind and hoping, wishing that the games I love the most will return better, and bring us more joy than ever before.  I would hate to cancel and then find out pogo made my wishes come true and a whole new community was enjoying games without me.  Cause I wouldn't know if I didnt have a membership.  So keeping opening mind, and not being a debbie downer just yet lol             re: pogo.....Dont let me down, I have faith in you that your programmers can make it happen, given the time needed.  Thank you for letting me say my peace......Keep smilin' and the world will smile with you!!  Standard smile  

[CM - Edited to remove ALL CAPS per AHQ forum rules]

Message 36 of 1,272 (4,377 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I started playing Pogo in 1998 when my daughter went to college and we could play late at night and chat. I love playing POGO every day but am very sad of all the changes taking place.My heart sank when I saw all the games that are going away so soon. I signed up for early access and got accepted but every time I tried to work on badges it would freeze the game etc so I stayed out of it. My subscription just renewed so I will stick it out until next renewal and hope favorite parts of POGO will be continued over time. Instead of new games spend the time bringing over the games that most people play. The look of the new POGO does not appeal to me. Don't want to scroll through apps. My favorite games I hope come back...Everyone Wins Bingo    Beweled Twist

Sweet Tooth 2   Pogo Bowl    Mahjong Escape    Bingo Luau    Dominoes   Solitare Gardens

I am so afraid that these new Pogo format will the downfall of the games. More older people play it than younger people and not kids. I watch the number of people online playing at a time and it continues to go down.

Message 37 of 1,272 (4,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@babydoe20, Others have made comments about the cartoonish look of the new HTML5 games being added. I am not sure why this emphasize, but it might be that EA is trying to encourage a new generation of players to join the Pogo gamesite, those in their teens. An EA community manager might be able to shed some light on the reason for the new look of the games. 

Message 38 of 1,272 (4,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi ive been on pogo since 1999 ive been playing canasta since I was 6 yrs old I love canasta on pogo so plzz make it hd and keep it going for the next generation of pogoers

[CM - Edited to remove ALL CAPS per AHQ forum rules]

Message 39 of 1,272 (4,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree I been playing it for years myself, helps me get by day by day with friends I have met. I know it says you wanna make it  HTML hope you all do .Thanks

Message 40 of 1,272 (4,388 Views)