Pogo Flash/Java Games and Features Retirement Discussion

by Pogo_Llama

Original Post

Pogo Flash/Java Games and Features Retirement Discussion

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello Pogo Community,

This is a space I've created for feedback about the Pogo retirement announcements. Please remember you all have a voice and we're here to listen. However, please adhere to the Answers HQ forum rulesRemember that while we encourage you to post your thoughts, please do so in a constructive and non-offensive manner.

Please understand the Pogo team is working overtime to transfer player-favorite Flash and Java games as well as new features.

Thanks again for reaching out to me about your feelings on Pogo retirements. I am here and listening to you all.

Pogo Llama

Message 14 of 1,272 (50,394 Views)

All remaining Flash and Java games to be retired in March 2020?

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I just read the Pogo blog post about the March 2020 Flash game retirements in March of 2020.  See the link below.

https://blog.pogo.com/march2020flashretirements/

I counted 42 Flash games and 1 Java game on the list of games to be retired.  I know there is only one Java game left at the Pogo website (Battleship).  I thought I recently had counted 43 Flash games remaining.  It turns out that Canasta is the other Flash game to be retired.

My question is this … after these games are retired in March 2020, will there be any Flash games remaining at the Pogo website, or is this the final step in retiring all Flash games?

It's gonna be a sad day to see all the other games gone.  Most of my favorite games are on the list of Flash games to be retired.  All the games where I play with friends here are on this list of games to be retired.  I am sure they will be upset too to know these games are now going away. 

______

Also, WHY are all these games being removed in March when Flash will be available until the end of 2020?  

After knowing that my favorite games will be retired in March of 2020 with no HTML5 game versions announced, one of my 2020 New Years resolutions will be to retire myself from the Pogo website!  I will say this... my membership is due in July 2020 and if there is little left here that I enjoy by then, I will not be renewing my paid membership!  And the experience here as a non-paying member is too frustrating to even consider.  As paying members we are expected to PAY MORE (buying gems for power ups and boosters to be able to complete more and more games) and RECEIVE LESS (fewer games and loss of all features that been taken away from this site in the past year). Each passing day becomes harder and harder to justify playing here!  Shakes my head !!!  

______

Update:  There was an announcement on Dec 20, 2019 that our minis and mini items will not be removed.   That is good news if we are able to keep our beloved minis.   This is one major factor in my decision to stay or leave Pogo.  See the link below.

https://blog.pogo.com/futureupdatesonpogo/

I am still awaiting more news on how many of the old popular Flash games planned for retirement in March 2020 will be brought back as HMTL5 games.  So far only a few of the old games have been announced as being brought back.  That is the second major factor in my decision to stay or not.   So many of my favorite games are being removed in March. 

I would also like to see some of the traditional Pogo site look remain the same at the new Pogo site, rather than eliminating all of it for some totally different look.  That is the third major factor for making my decision to stay or not.               

With the partially good news that is coming from Pogo, I might keep my membership when it's time for renewal.  I'm still waiting for more good news to come before making a final decision on membership renewal.   

Message 1 of 1,272 (49,177 Views)

Games ending in March 2020.

★★★ Apprentice

I just became aware that many pogo games will not be renewed by March 2020. I've been a member for 14 years and I don't feel you realize how many customers you will loose. Many of the subject games I do not play but the one I must protest is the loss of pogo bowl! Your statement that many of us will be disappointed and that is a gross understatement. So, based on this information, I will NOT renew my account.

Message 2 of 1,272 (49,264 Views)

Re: Games ending in March 2020.

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@busnrete8, You are correct about your comment that it is a gross understatement that many of us will be disappointed over the loss of the games announced to be retired in March of 2020.

There was a lot of buzz in the game chat rooms on the day that blog post announced the game retirements. Many people didn't read it but they found out from word of mouth in the chat rooms. The comments were a mixture of shock, anger, disappointment and sadness. Many people said they are afraid they will lose friends who they met and talk to every day here, because so many people were saying they will not be renewing their paid memberships.

What is happening here is more than just disappointing. It's tragic.

Message 3 of 1,272 (49,238 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is very disappointing, 1st you take away the JP spins and replace it with nothing, now your taking away 43 more games  and you say your replacing only 1. Since you knew all this in advanced I think you should of converted all these games.  I have been with you for 20 yrs and now I see why you keep playing the horrible 4 challenges over and over each week. Next your taking away our ability to chat to people. Exactly what are you leaving for us to keep us as members????  Maybe you should just fold up shop all together as your just zapping all the fun out of your site.

Message 4 of 1,272 (49,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

if this games retired, this is copyright protection from the owner and the publisher will not allow any changes...

and if not, it is a failure of formatting...

slot games  >>>

MONOPOLY Slots

Hog Heaven Slots

Vaults of Atlantis Slots

Peggle Slots

Bejeweled 2 Slots

below are the original trademark  of Pogo games introduce before club started in 2003...and brought Pogo into life...

table games >>>

Chess

Canasta

Dominoes

Spades

sports  games >>>

Pogo™ Bowl 

etc...if ended...then,

I, We, paying customers,

do not see the fun playing here anymore...

I don't care If I am an old member or new member...

I don't care if I  will stay or not...

Just bring it back the way how it used too...

Message 5 of 1,272 (49,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been a long time pogo member but with all the games going away my husband and I and leaning towards not renewing our membership.  

Message 6 of 1,272 (49,176 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I totally agree with this post. Why should I pay my money to Pogo when you are getting rid of so many of the games I enjoy playing. I think you should reconsider this move. I won't be renewing my prescription either unless things change.

Message 7 of 1,272 (49,166 Views)

Unfortunately, this is not something that can be reconsidered unless Adobe Flash and Java decided to keep their program on the web. Without Flash and Java, the games we are playing now on pogo will be no more unless able to convert to HD / HTML5, and have permission from the creators/owners of the games to change their programs. I wish ALL the games would be able to stay, but in all reality that is not going to happen. Change is hard when you like something the way it is. I personally give EA and the Pogo team props for trying to give us something to continue with instead of just closing the door on all of us. Hopefully it will be good in the end of this journey.

Good luck ~BB

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 1,272 (49,167 Views)

Re: All remaining Flash and Java games to be retired in March 2020?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, everyone.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We really do appreciate it.

While Jungle Gin is the recent game announced, please know that we're constantly working on both new games and returning games to be converted to HTML5. Please keep an eye on the Pogo Blog for updates on what's coming soon.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 9 of 1,272 (49,153 Views)