Re: Plants vs Zombies, Amazing Adventures, Connect 4 won't load

by Hall0weenNancy

Original Post

Plants vs Zombies, Amazing Adventures, Connect 4 won't load

★★★ Novice

Plants vs Zombies, Amazing Adventures, Connect 4 won't load.

I have tries different browsers beside IE.

Please help as there is a Plant vs Zombies badge this week.

Thank you

Hall0weenNancy

Message 1 of 7 (174 Views)

★ Novice

same problem!

Message 2 of 7 (166 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Hall0weenNancy 

@M5MCKINLEY 

Can you describe exactly what is happening? Do you get an error message? Does the game start to load, but never seems to finish loading? Does the game start to load, but the game window turns pale yellow/white/black?

Do you have browser add-ons that can interfere with game loads such as NoScript, BetterPrivacy, DoNotTrack, AdBlock, and Ghostery?

Could you also click on the following link and then ‘copy and paste’ the displayed browser and system information into a reply here?

This will give me a general overview on your computer set-up and hopefully give me some pointers to help: http://news.pogo.com/pogo-troubleshooter/ 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 3 of 7 (153 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I click on "start"  the game won't open up.

Nancy

Message 4 of 7 (148 Views)

★★★ Novice

Browser = Microsoft Internet Explorer 11(Browser Mode 11, Document Mode 11)
Cookies Enabled? = true
Do Not Track = undefined
Resolution = 1600 x 900
OS = Windows 7
Flash version = 15.0.0
Java Versions installed = 1.7.0_67,1.8.0_25

Message 5 of 7 (143 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Hall0weenNancy 

The games you mentioned having problems with are all Flash based games.

Make sure that you have Flash enabled in your browser.

There are some helpful troubleshooting steps for Flash games in this post on the Adobe Flash website:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

Also make sure that your browser’s Zoom setting is at 100%. Try pressing Ctrl & + to zoom in, or Ctrl & - to zoom out, or Ctrl & 0 to reset the zoom to 100%. Here are links for the 3 main browsers.

IE: Zoom in on a webpage
Firefox: How do I use Zoom?
Chrome: Changing text, image, and video sizes 

After you have set your zoom to 100%, close your browser & restart it for it to take effect.

Finally, and not relevant to Flash games, you should check out your Java installation, since you appear to have files from two different versions present, which will cause you problems in Java based games.

I'd suggest going to the Control Panel in your computer and deleting both of the current versions then updating to Java 1.7.0_71 - there's help here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/New-Java-Version-available-Version-7-Update-71/m-p/3768367#U3768367

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 6 of 7 (139 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried everything you suggested. 

I was able to open up & play Amazing Adventures but used Safari instead of IE.

Could not play Plants vs Zombies or Connect 4.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,  nancy

Message 7 of 7 (121 Views)