Re: No jackpot spin after the games in word whomp

by SusyQ1515

Original Post

No jackpot spin after the games in word whomp

★★★ Newbie

Since word Whomp went to HD I have not received any new tokens.

What happened to the jackpot spin at the end?

What is the rank that keeps popping up after each game.

Message 1 of 8 (384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Word Whomp HD sucks.

It is geared to children now.

Please answer concerns in the forums.

Message 2 of 8 (367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

does anyone know why you go not get jackpot spins in HD games?

Message 3 of 8 (337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Player_28ew1l58

Pogo doesn't offer Tokens or Jackpot Spins in the HD (HTML5) games.

In the following linked Blog Post by Pogo_Llama, it is explained why these are not offered:

https://blog.pogo.com/blog-post-78-may-29-2018/

Scroll down to the Q and A portion of her blog post.

"Q. Why are there no tokens in Crossword Cove HD? Will there be tokens in upcoming HTML 5 games?
A. I, and the rest of the Pogo team, know this is a point of contention with some players. As I stated in the comments last week, For those of you for whom tokens provide a way to project status and achievement over time, we hear you and we understand your aversion to losing this status. So here’s the great news: we have a new system in the works that will allow you to engage with Pogo in new and meaningful ways. The Pogo team is actively working on this new system and is working with your wants and needs in mind. We’ll provide more details at a later time, but we’re truly excited about what we’re working on for you. In the meantime, please enjoy the many other fun ways to enjoy Pogo which include (but are not limited to), playing/finding/experiencing games, making friends, working on Challenges, ranking up, and chatting."

Message 4 of 8 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's been seven months. And no update. Last I heard we were supposed to get an update on the December 18 blog - but that didn't happen. In all honesty it sounds like EA has no plans to do anything - because if they did they would have told us by now what it is. For real, if they want people to stick around instead of thinking they're full of * EA NEEDS TO TELL US WHAT THE PLAN IS.

I get needing to change games to HD formats.

I get wanting people to use powerups that they have to pay for.

But this is just too much. EA has taken a site that so many of us have loved for years now, and you're gradually chipping away at all the things that people enjoy.

No more tokens. No more jackpot spins. No more drawings. No more tournaments. No more chatting, or difficulty chatting because now we have to choose between that and full screens. Slow game animations and unnecessary clicking and game delays.

This site is certainly not what it was, and it's heartbreaking - so many of us will not be satisfied with the shell that this games platform has become, and for lots of us our friends are the only thing keeping us here. When they go, because yes, it is that bad, we will, too.

Message 5 of 8 (320 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mememe1128

Perhaps you missed this in Pogo_Llama's Blog Post #94 which came out on December 18th:

"Q. What will the new Challenged-based reward system be like?
A. The look and feel are still being fine-tuned, but I can tell you the new system will provide rewards for working on Challenges, especially Daily, Wednesday Challenges, Magic Marathons, and Challenges Quest events. This will be available to Club Pogo players. and the goal of the new system is to reward your investment in completing Challenges while also including smaller, more focused goals that peppered in throughout the year.

The team continues to work on the system and loads of other big changes to Pogo. We can’t wait to share what we have in store!"

Here is a link to that Blog Post.  Scroll down to the Q&A section to see the above quote:

https://blog.pogo.com/blog-post-94-december-18-2018/

Message 6 of 8 (308 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I didn't miss that. I simply think that's not good enough for making us wait 7 months. I want to know what cumulative incentive there will be to play games that *aren't* part of a specific wednesday/daily/badge challenge. I want an assurance that I'll still be able to feel like I'm being rewarded (even with a reward as meaningless as tokens) playing games that *I* feel like playing at any given time - not playing Quinn's Aquarium or Crossword Cove because they're part of some short term-challenge and EA wants me to buy powerups. The BEST PART of Pogo has been coming here, picking any game I want to play, and still feeling like there was some sort of reward. EA has said they will replace the token system - but so far they still haven't told us what they're going to replace it with, and after all this time it still feels like they're at a loss as to what they're going to do.

Message 7 of 8 (302 Views)

★★ Apprentice

(And for what it's worth, giving us something we already have in the form of badges and challenges is NOT an acceptable "replacement" for a system that offers rewards on a per-game basis. It's just literally pointing to something we already have and saying "look at this!" without doing any extra work. So if EA's answer to removing tokens is "more challenges to games we're going to pick for you" then that's just not gonna fly.)

Message 8 of 8 (288 Views)