Moderator Message re: swearing or cursing

by MomNana16

Original Post

Moderator Message re: swearing or cursing

★★★ Newbie

While playing several games, I have received a notice from the Moderator indicating that either me or my opponent had used a curse word or were swearing.  We had not used any words of that nature.  I had tried to enter "yesterday" but it came up "yes***day"; she had used the word "mad"; nothing in our chat contained negative content.  I was trying to attach a screen shot of our discussion but it's not working. 

Is there a list of appropriate words now that players should use only while chatting?  If so please inform us where to find it.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 9 (702 Views)

Re: Moderator Message re: swearing or cursing

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @MomNana16.

Those words should definitely not trigger anything in our chat. If you're not able to attach your screenshot of the chat to this thread, could you send me a PM here on Answers HQ with it? I'd like to take a look and see what might be going on here.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 9 (663 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same Moderator message.... And I was not swearing... Please update your Moderator messages.  It is very aggravating and I must say very embarising and I do not appreciate the reference........... After all the changes you've made, I would assume you would want to keep the long time players, rather than upsetting them !!!

Message 3 of 9 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@joycecdn 

It just tried out a word while playing spades, I used the name Hitchcock. I got the same message. Basically it’s a chat filter that recognizes words that are curses or profanity BUT sometimes it only recognizes parts of the word. 

Message 4 of 9 (625 Views)

★ Novice

Hi.  Thank you for checking it out for me.  In the old version of Pogo there was a "filter" option you could click on the override this exact problem.  I think a suggestion should be directed to Pogo Admin to incorporate the choice as we did in the old version.  It seems like Pogo is taking away more and more of our choices.  All these "little" things add up and especially for Pogo Members who have been loyal to Pogo for over 10 yrs, as I am, the Pogo Administration is taking more and more from us.  If possible, can you please forward this complaint to Pogo Administration.  I know it's not your fault and I do appreciate your quick action and reply to me, but I really feel that Pogo should be aware of what their members are thinking and feeling.  Thanks, elfinjojo 

Message 5 of 9 (573 Views)

★★★ Pro

@joycecdn I’m just a member like you so I can’t forward it to anyone. I don’t think there’s actually a moderator rather just a computer generated response. 

Message 6 of 9 (557 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @joycecdn.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the automated chat moderation, as well as the screenshot. We really appreciate it. I'll be sure to pass it along to the team.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 9 (527 Views)

★★ Novice

I too got that message. We were discussing what is planted in a garden and I was giving a  list that included "cucumber" and pogo moderator said I was swearing and could be banned for ****ber.

Message 8 of 9 (465 Views)

★ Expert
@DBrickey1 Oh my. in the middle of that word is the bad word.
Message 9 of 9 (444 Views)